Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 Garand

Article about: by lithgow Normandie-I assume that the rifle is legal in Norway as a firing weapon with the right sort of permit-why would you have to deactivate it to sell it? Excuse me, but why do you ass

Default Re: M1 Garand

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Normandie-I assume that the rifle is legal in Norway as a firing weapon with the right sort of permit-why would you have to deactivate it to sell it?
    Excuse me, but why do you assume that I want to sell it?
    I have been looking for this rifle for 6 years, I have seen 3.
    This one was made in 1943, the guy said.
    The rules here in Norway is that it's almost impossible to get an semi-auto rifle (live) so I'll rather have a deac one than no rifle at all.

'You' as in the current owner (not yourself)-apologies for the confusion-pity to deactivate but from what you state you would have little choice.

It still has the ww2 lock bar sight. Does he have any pics of the barrel with the op rod pulled back? it will have the barrel date of manufacture there. gun laws suck, having to ruin a perfectly good example like that, but like the others said, better that then getting destroyed. That's a beauty of a rifle though, and Winchester did only make them during ww2. And that's a cool bayonet, I've only seen pictures of them before, wasn't sure they were real lol
    Last edited by Stinkpotpete; 08-12-2012 at 11:30 PM.

If this rifle has its original Winchester barrel there will not be a date on the barrel as Winchester did not put a date on them. Only Springfield Armoury dated them. In the 1950's when other manufacturers started to make the Garand they also put dates on the barrels. Looking at the finish on the gun and the lack of an Winchester acceptence mark on the stock i suspect the rifle has gone through at least one rebuild. JT

Yeah he told me it doesn't have all the original parts of the Winchester, it has a few parts from a springfield.

Serial number is "Us rifel cal 30,winchester. 1383412" Prodused in 1943.
    The guy is not sure if he want's to sell it though :/

That would be an early August 1943 manufacture, hope it works out for you
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

A few new pictures, enjoy.

M1 Garand

M1 Garand

M1 Garand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2