Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1 Garand Help with Gas Cylinder

Article about: Hi guys, As many of you know, here in Jersey we are allowed to own semi-autos, so I have gone and got myself a NM M1 Garand. Its not in the condition I would ideally like, but they rarely co

?

Notice the bolt is marked M1C? This is really an odd duck of a rifle - NM parts and set up as a sniper, with a lock-bar rear sight - and that receiver would scare me off. It screams re-stamp - or it is a commercial receiver that someone marked.

I checked numrich gun parts here in the states and they had none, but I found a used one and a new one at a place called Fulton Armory. You can contact them and ask them about sending the part over seas. I'm not sure how that would work, or not. Maybe if you had a chance to talk to a gunshop there they could help too.

Gas Cylinder, Used, Good On Gauge, Refinished Black

Gas Cylinder, New, GI

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Really interesting! Here are some more photos showing numbers on the receiver.

What I think has happened is that someone has taken an old USGI receiver, polished it up, and then engraved the serial number back on as restamping would have been near impossible.

Cheers,

Ollie.

M1 Garand Help with Gas CylinderM1 Garand Help with Gas CylinderM1 Garand Help with Gas Cylinder

Weirdest Garand I've ever seen, that's for sure. :/

Taking it out on the range for the first time saturday, will keep you all informed! Anyone else got any ideas/info?

Ollie

Looking at my reference books, the drawing number is from july of '44, for Springfield Armory. The numbers look US, the ones that have been struck out. With all the rest though, it's anyones guess hehe. So all I can so for sure is, shoot for the middle Hope it shoots well for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2