Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 garand, WW2 all matching! Value?

Article about: Hey guys! I have my friends m1 garand, any thoughts of the value? It's has a 10000XX serial number.. Very cool? Help value? The only things that are not matching are the sights, (NM) and sig

Default M1 garand, WW2 all matching! Value?

Hey guys! I have my friends m1 garand, any thoughts of the value? It has a 10000XX serial number.. Very cool? Help value? The only things that are not matching that I can tell.. Are the sights, (NM) and sight hood, (NM) am I missing anything? Can you take a look at the gas cylinder, the cap seems different from what I have seen? 1942 receiver and 1942 barrell. All Springfield. Slight crack in forend stock, can you translate the markings on the stock? The big thing is this a mostly matching WW2 m1? And any idea of a market value? Any thoughts? Anything wrong?

Thank you for any help!

-Danny

Also barrell and crown are very clean.

Need to see internals as well as what is stamped on op rod. Rifle appears to have been refinished

Quote by Orlando8 View Post
    Need to see internals as well as what is stamped on op rod. Rifle appears to have been refinished
    I will have to get back to you on the internals. I did not see any markings on the op rod except the "M"? I imagine it went though some type of refurbishment? As most m1s did?

You have to pull the action out of the stock, the op rod will be marked on the side. Post a pic so I can see if its cut or uncut

Default Op-rod.

Quote by Orlando8 View Post
    You have to pull the action out of the stock, the op rod will be marked on the side. Post a pic so I can see if its cut or uncut
    Here you go. Here's the op-rod. It's uncut. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M1 garand, WW2 all matching! Value?  

Op rod is correct, I dont know about the rest of the trigger group or internals as you didnt post pics of those.So far the rear and front sight are not correct

?

I would just order one through the CMP/DCM program.
    Any war time/ military garand should not be all matching.
    At the gun shows dealers are asking 1000 and up but they are not moving for that price.

Quote by popeye View Post
    And why is that, of course they would. Atleast until they went through a rebuild or parts got sawpped around in a leaning party

Quote by popeye View Post
    At the gun shows dealers are asking 1000 and up but they are not moving for that price.
    My friend and I already both own one, this is his. I have a 1942 Springfield.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast