MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M1 garand, WW2 all matching! Value?

Article about: Hey guys! I have my friends m1 garand, any thoughts of the value? It's has a 10000XX serial number.. Very cool? Help value? The only things that are not matching are the sights, (NM) and sig

MAP
    ?

Quote by popeye View Post
    I would just order one through the CMP/DCM program.
    Any war time/ military garand should not be all matching.
    At the gun shows dealers are asking 1000 and up but they are not moving for that price.
    Most are not matching because the were arsenal refinished post war. But there are 100% legit WW2 M1's out there. But pricy. $1.5k and up was the last I saw. But diff prices in different regions of the US.

At the shows, I see clean arsenal refinished M1's selling for $1k quite often.
    Last edited by MAP; 03-02-2015 at 05:17 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looking at the finish of the metal, as opposed to the wear of the stock, I'd venture this was more likely someone making a "correct" rifle from parts, rather than an original armory rifle.

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    Looking at the finish of the metal, as opposed to the wear of the stock, I'd venture this was more likely someone making a "correct" rifle from parts, rather than an original armory rifle.
    Very possible. Thanks.

I'll take a guess as to the 'NM' marks meaning
    'National Match'. I believe the sights have
    been altered for this purpose and it's
    a very fine rifle........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    I'll take a guess as to the 'NM' marks meaning
    'National Match'. I believe the sights have
    been altered for this purpose and it's
    a very fine rifle........!
    Yup! has National match sights. Mine does too.

?

THE stock seems to be original SA E,MCF is the correct range 700,000-1,860,000 cartouche look good the gas cylinder lock screw to me looks like a repo not original different color but i might be wrong its far from original with the sights being swaped out no lock bars/ on rear sight front sight has been replaced seems bolt is correct for the serial number theres no pics of the trigger group that would tell a lot prob worth a 1000 bucks it has the original barrel that gives is some more value

Quote by FOBC View Post
    THE stock seems to be original SA E,MCF is the correct range 700,000-1,860,000 cartouche look good the gas cylinder lock screw to me looks like a repo not original different color but i might be wrong its far from original with the sights being swaped out no lock bars/ on rear sight front sight has been replaced seems bolt is correct for the serial number theres no pics of the trigger group that would tell a lot prob worth a 1000 bucks it has the original barrel that gives is some more value
    Thanks for the info! I thought the gas cylinder looked off to me too. Can't belive I forgot to picture the trigger group :/ any idea what the cartouches mean? I know just about all m1s went through the armory at one time. This one seems mostly matching.

The cartouche stands for "Springfield Armory Earl Mc Farland". He was a colonel, commanding officer of the Springfield factory in '42-'43.

Quote by ziomanno View Post
    The cartouche stands for "Springfield Armory Earl Mc Farland". He was a colonel, commanding officer of the Springfield factory in '42-'43.
    Thanks again Ziomanno!

Bolt looks to be stamped RIA and the gas cylinder plug is the earlier single slot not the later phillips type Finish looks redone< but that may be the flash. Back in the day shooters at the big could have their personal rifles upgraded by military armorers The rifle looks enhanced to me NO EXPERT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast