Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M1 garand, WW2 all matching! Value?

Article about: Hey guys! I have my friends m1 garand, any thoughts of the value? It's has a 10000XX serial number.. Very cool? Help value? The only things that are not matching are the sights, (NM) and sig

In any case, it's a pretty decent looking Garand. I'd have no trouble owning it...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    In any case, it's a pretty decent looking Garand. I'd have no trouble owning it...

Hahaha

Quote by RETREAD View Post
    Bolt looks to be stamped RIA and the gas cylinder plug is the earlier single slot not the later phillips type Finish looks redone< but that may be the flash. Back in the day shooters at the big could have their personal rifles upgraded by military armorers The rifle looks enhanced to me NO EXPERT
    Ok wicked cool thanks it is in remarkably good condition. The metal does have more wear than the pictures show. But still very new looking. So the gas plug is real? Just a older version?

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Hahaha
    You disagree?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    You disagree?
    Nope! %100 agree, I could own a m1 garand that was cooked over a fire, and still love it.

Yes, the single slot gas plug was the first one they used, so it is older. A lot of guys like them for competition shooting for more reliable operation. With the National Match sights on this one, I'm guessing that's what it was used for.

Quote by Stinkpotpete View Post
    Yes, the single slot gas plug was the first one they used, so it is older. A lot of guys like them for competition shooting for more reliable operation. With the National Match sights on this one, I'm guessing that's what it was used for.
    Thanks Paul!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3