Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1910 Maxim Arrives

Article about: Took delivery of this one today. Forgot to install the shield spring and pin before taking the photos. It is a side plate gun with the majority of the original serial numbers matching the 19

Default M1910 Maxim Arrives

Took delivery of this one today. Forgot to install the shield spring and pin before taking the photos. It is a side plate gun with the majority of the original serial numbers matching the 1939 dated top cover even down to the lock. Earlier style rear sight, no Finnish markings. It is a live gun.

Last edited by HSMaxim; 06-19-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Cool
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

MAP
    ?

Cool ++++++

Two machine gun posts in the same day. Awesome
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hi, so happy with it and could not wait to show it !! :-)
    Absolutely stunning peace you have there, and still working, very nice.

Fantastic!......

Thanks guys, yep, I was pretty pumped when this one was delivered. Rounds out my water cooled collection.

A nice looking Maxim - and without the snow cap as well! The mechanisms of these weapons - and how they function is a fascinating subject in its own right. I must admit that I'm not sure what you mean by 'Side Plate' gun though!

Quote by MAP View Post
    Cool ++++++

Two machine gun posts in the same day. Awesome
    Fixed you up with a third machine gun post this morning. Technically still within the same 24 hour period.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    A nice looking Maxim - and without the snow cap as well! The mechanisms of these weapons - and how they function is a fascinating subject in its own right. I must admit that I'm not sure what you mean by 'Side Plate' gun though!
    Thanks, I had a choice of this one or a later one with the snow cap. I prefer the looks of the earlier type without the snow cap.

Side plate - The gun could only be imported as a parts set, the removal of the left side plate for a Maxim being required for importation. Once in the country it could be reassembled again as a fully automatic firearm with a registered reproduction side plate. Only a very tiny number of M1910s outside of museums in the US that are full auto have both original side plates.

Great looking Maxim.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast