Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

M1917 Rifle For Review!

Article about: You welcome Joe. I very much appreciate your enthusiasm for classic battle rifles and history. It's all good!

Default Re: M1917 Rifle For Review!

It's chambered in 30.06.

?

Regards,
    John

while back placed an add on craigs list lookin for ammo. some kid called . his grandpa passed and his grandmother wanted all the ammo out the house. thee were alot of ww2 headstamped ammo. had a few rds of 303 , stamped 44 . was gonna give you one for diplay w/your rifle. there were also a pile 30 carbine steel cased m1 carbine headstamped 44 also . from what i understand the steel caseing was an expermental case. i know NY is funny about sending ammo in that state. but if you want 1 of each .your more than welcome. just need to figure out how to send without any proplems. deadeye

Quote by deadeye View Post
    what caliber cardtrigde does it take. i may have a b.day gift for you.deadeye
    It takes the same .30-06 cartridge as the M1903 Springfield and M1 Garand would take.

Tom

--- EDIT ---

Joe beat me to it!

Quote by deadeye View Post
    while back placed an add on craigs list lookin for ammo. some kid called . his grandpa passed and his grandmother wanted all the ammo out the house. thee were alot of ww2 headstamped ammo. had a few rds of 303 , stamped 44 . was gonna give you one for diplay w/your rifle. there were also a pile 30 carbine steel cased m1 carbine headstamped 44 also . from what i understand the steel caseing was an expermental case. i know NY is funny about sending ammo in that state. but if you want 1 of each .your more than welcome. just need to figure out how to send without any proplems. deadeye
    I appreciate your generosity, but no thank you. I have quite the stockpile of shootable 30.06 and some collectible rounds.

Quote by relicz View Post
    Thanks for the resources! Looks like the receiver of my rifle was made in October 1917.... Then it either waited for a July 1918 barrel or was rebarreled later.

Yesterday I put in a bid on a cleaning kit on ebay for $30+... Lucky I was outbid, because I remember that this was in a spare parts bin at my local gunshop. Of course I was able to talk them down on the price!
    M1917 Rifle For Review!

I also got this for $10
    M1917 Rifle For Review!M1917 Rifle For Review!

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Thanks for the resources! Looks like the receiver of my rifle was made in October 1917.... Then it either waited for a July 1918 barrel or was rebarreled later.

Go with part of an overhaul, therefore - Remington receiver with an Eddystone barrel.
    Regards,
    John

Quote by relicz View Post
    Go with part of an overhaul, therefore - Remington receiver with an Eddystone barrel.
    I figured as much. Still, Remington was the parent company of Eddystone. Maybe Remington needed a batch of barrels and Eddystone obliged?

I swear joe you get all the toys i want lol Great buy man have fun with it

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast