Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

M1917 Rifle For Review!

Article about: You welcome Joe. I very much appreciate your enthusiasm for classic battle rifles and history. It's all good!

?

Default Re: M1917 Rifle For Review!

You welcome Joe. I very much appreciate your enthusiasm for classic battle rifles and history. It's all good!
    Regards,
    John

Thanks, John! If you're ever in my neck of the woods I'll take you shooting!

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Thanks, John! If you're ever in my neck of the woods I'll take you shooting!
    Ditto Joe,
    Although this old right "seasoned" shoulder is more partial to semi autos is NATO calibers lately.

Thanks for the offer.
    Regards,
    John

?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Joe, the bayonet alone is easily worth what you paid plus more, especially being dated 1918.

Sorry, but I'm still not feeling the scabbard.
    Joe I have to agree with John the rivets do seem higher than the ones on my scabbards as well. But perhaps it's a difference in the way the were manufactured during the years they were in production. Another thought perhaps the top part of the scabbard was replaced, who knows. As John said the bayonet alone is probably worth more what you paid for the bayonet and scabbard. My guess would be 3X as much. I would be not concerned about it art all. Still a great find.
    Sam

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6