Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M1918A2 BAR Restoration

Article about: Actually finished the work last year but just now got around to taking photos of it this week. When originally purchased the BAR had been modified to look like a WWI gun, I suppose the idiot

Default M1918A2 BAR Restoration

Actually finished the work last year but just now got around to taking photos of it this week. When originally purchased the BAR had been modified to look like a WWI gun, I suppose the idiot that did that did not know that NESA did not manufacture BARs until 1943. Fortunately no modifications to the receiver or its finish were done so the restoration consisted of tracking down the original parts and installing them. The biggest bugger was finding a NOS barrel to replace the one the reenactor owner had ruined by firing hot blanks in. Fortunately I was able to locate an original NOS barrel which was installed by Ohio Ordnance Works. This gun is now back in its original configuration and is full auto. NESA, manufactured approximately April/May 1943.

Great looking BAR.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Quote by guns ltd View Post
    Great looking BAR.

John
    Thanks. Having grown up in the 60s watching Combat! it was one of my bucket list guns.

?

We used to be able to buy de-milled BARS (and Brens) for $75 in Toronto in the early 80s, they had simply cut one side of the receiver, they all cocked and clicked, I wonder how many sold like that were restored.

DEan O
    Canada

That's a lovely job you have done there. Well done! I like the picture in the background too!

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    That's a lovely job you have done there. Well done! I like the picture in the background too!
    Thanks guys.

Harry, comparing the Maxim photo and this one you can see between the two I finally got around to hanging that print this week. It had been leaned against that wall for probably two months.

MAP
    ?

Oh, what a BAR.

I would love to have one of these if I didn't live in this left leaning (understatement) state.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I used to have a 1918 BAR back in the good old days. They are a quality made gun.

Well done!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Great looking BAR!.....

?

Waw, what a great piece! I would love to shoot this one!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast