Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M1A1 Paratrooper Carbine

Article about: 'Band Of Brothers' was focused on E 'Easy' Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th. Should be 'Easy' to research ! Nice Carbine.........!

'Band Of Brothers' was focused on E 'Easy' Company,
    2nd Battalion, 506th. Should be 'Easy' to research !

Nice Carbine.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    'Band Of Brothers' was focused on E 'Easy' Company,
    2nd Battalion, 506th. Should be 'Easy' to research !

Nice Carbine.........!
    Yes. Have already started....thanks. Doubt the tied serial numbers of guns issue to specific soldiers though....given the excellent condition I doubt the gun saw that much hard use which is not out of the realm of possibility given that he was a Colonel... thanks for your help!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Wow, she looks great. I have one myself. One of the coolest WWII rifles ever made and some real neat history behind the carbine production program. One of my friends grand father was one of the owners of SE Overton,in South haven Michigan,where they made the Carbine stocks for the M1 carbines.

Did you have a chance to see if the barrel date and serial number jives with the known production data thats been documented for the M1A1's?

MAP
    ?

Quote by command450 View Post
    Wow, she looks great. I have one myself. One of the coolest WWII rifles ever made and some real neat history behind the carbine production program. One of my friends grand father was one of the owners of SE Overton,in South haven Michigan,where they made the Carbine stocks for the M1 carbines.

Did you have a chance to see if the barrel date and serial number jives with the known production data thats been documented for the M1A1's?
    Mike, Thanks for the feedback. This is one of my "special" items.......Neat to here your connection to these guns.

Yes, I did that a few years ago and from what I remember it matched up to the production data perfectly. Plus all parts are Inland manufacture (exception the barrel band which could just be worn down), cartouches are correct and I have a pretty good idea of who the original owner was (Colonel in the "506" of the 82nd Airborne during WWII).

However as you probably know (being the owner of one of these beauties) the military did not block out (or record) specific serial numbers for the M1A1, so the best that can be verified is if it was in the range of known "potential" serial numbers.

Regards,

Michael

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Beautiful carbine! I am in the 101st now. Very neat to see that "Easy" Company still exists as well as "Dog". Both are in Third BCT now with 2-506.

T

MAP
    ?

Quote by Thaddeus View Post
    Beautiful carbine! I am in the 101st now. Very neat to see that "Easy" Company still exists as well as "Dog". Both are in Third BCT now with 2-506.

T
    Thanks T. Good luck on your search for one for yourself!

M

Thaddeus, thank you for your service!!!

The carbine is outstanding, and the story makes it even more of a treasure. Sometimes the story is real... Way to go on finding a true museum piece you'll cherish and pass on down hopefully.

Remember the Heroes!

MAP
    ?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Thaddeus, thank you for your service!!!

The carbine is outstanding, and the story makes it even more of a treasure. Sometimes the stories are real, way to go on finding a true museum piece you'll cherish and pass on down hopefully.

Remember the Heroes!
    It really is something special and was lucky I was given the opportunity to purchase it.

Thanks for the thumbs up!

Michael

Very nice!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2