Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Machine Pistole 40

Article about: It is original and it appears most of the serial numbers match, which is good. The price in todays market is "OK". Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: Machine Pistole 40

There is a big difference between the different states, W.A. Used to be the strictest but now it is the easiest. I have a deact mg42, a replica mp40, and a deact 303 none of which require a licence here and none of which have to be kept in fun safes. I also have a K98 and an 1851 colt navy revolver, both of which are fully working and must be kept in my gun safe. I have the necessary licences for these two.

Quote by davejb View Post
    You mean its even better than the OWEN Phill, I cant believe that!!!!!
    G'day Dave, I just meant the look of them Dave, you know like the helmets i suppose, I'm just drawn to them, as far as being better than the Owen statistically i wouldn't know Mate.

Quote by sandgroper View Post
    There is a big difference between the different states, W.A. Used to be the strictest but now it is the easiest. I have a deact mg42, a replica mp40, and a deact 303 none of which require a licence here and none of which have to be kept in fun safes. I also have a K98 and an 1851 colt navy revolver, both of which are fully working and must be kept in my gun safe. I have the necessary licences for these two.
    wow that harder way for Americans. It sounds like the south is like Americans trying to get full autos. Is this recent laws that have made it hard to own guns or has it always been like that?

?

Yeah, I feel real bad for our mates in Ausi land also our British friends as far as gun rights go. Even us Americans have our second ammendmant slowly disappear . Well, they will get my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand.
    ~Dean

Quote by Dean View Post
    Yeah, I feel real bad for our mates in Ausi land also our British friends as far as gun rights go. Even us Americans have our second ammendmant slowly disappear . Well, they will get my gun when they pry it from my cold dead hand.
    ~Dean
    It will never be losted to many unregister guns. Just CA it bad.... but not as bad as our mates across the pond.

Lightbulb Re: Machine Pistole 40

Welcome to the Forum, Hoffmann. The MP40 looks OK but as said before, the photos are too 'distant' for a positive ID. Really, close-ups are needed of the markings and Waffenamts to be positive.

If it is a replica, it's a fairly convincing one as the 'break-down' pic looks quite comprehensive. However, no way would I part with any 'serious money' without actually handling and examining the weapon.

Hi Hoffmann, and welcome to the forum!

Closer pics will confirm. But I have never seen a replica with the slab side magazine housing. As you can see, it lacks the plastic resting bar beneath the barrel.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

No it hasn't always been like it here in Oz, I used to have an M1 carbine but some nutcase went crazy in the city here and shot a heap of people so they made them illegal almost immediately we had a big Amnesty where you handed them in and you were compensated for what your firearm was worth at the time, they banned all hi powered center fires that were semi auto along with semi auto 12Gauge shotguns, and rim fires but its legal to own a hi powered pump action or lever action rifle??? it doesn't make sense

Phill

?

If it is real, I say get it if the price is right, that is. As others said, more pictures would be better.
    ~Dean

Well, I don't care so much about the price, I would love to have this in my collection

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast