Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Markings on MG42 parts

Article about: Need Help Identifying marking I have seen this mark on MG42 parts from time to time. All the other appropriate markings are present, was this added post war?

Default Markings on MG42 parts

Need Help Identifying marking I have seen this mark on MG42 parts from time to time. All the other appropriate markings are present, was this added post war?
    Markings on MG42 parts

Hello, this marking is yougo.

Lebus has nailed it USMC it iS Yugoslav arsenel mark often found also on reworked K98K rifle. Probably from Yugo M-53 their version of German MG 42. Yugoslovia also used German left over weapons so you might also find waa on it also. timothy

I figured it was Yugo as I see it on M-53 parts, but I also see it on German parts, some of which have Nazi/WaA markings X'ed out. So was this common to remark parts as well as weapons?

Yes evidently so I have seen a lot of the German surplus weapons coming out of Yugoslavia through the years and their arsenels marked a lot of stuff. There were several over there the big one I can't think of the name maybe some one will come along was BK in a triangle. The Yugo's usually scrubbed the Waa marks but often missed them. I had a K98K once they missed several on the side and rear sight. remarked with the typical Slav triangle and the Yugo crest on top of receiver. I have been told by a lot of the gun men that the Yugo is some of the best reworks you can get. timothy