Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MARSOC .45 anyone ?

Article about: I've recently came across some stunning pics of Marines sporting 1911's. I was not aware that Recon and MARSOC were equipped with .45 pistols and it was a sweet surprise to me. Living on the

?

Default MARSOC .45 anyone ?

I've recently came across some stunning pics of Marines sporting 1911's. I was not aware that Recon and MARSOC were equipped with .45 pistols and it was a sweet surprise to me. Living on the other side of the big pond makes it difficult, so I am wondering if anybody got one to show here. I learnt that M45 Close Quarter Battle Pistols are supplied by different makers ?
    Regards

Matt

Default Re: MARSOC .45 anyone ?

Matt

There was a contract change in 2012. This may explain some different manufacturers. Colt has given way to Baretta in some branches I believe. I remember reading about it a while ago.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Here are some pics of the (MEU) SOC pistol
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MARSOC .45 anyone ?   MARSOC .45 anyone ?  

MARSOC .45 anyone ?  
    Regards

Matt

Just Googled that Colt was awarded this contract. I think I'd rather have this weapon over Baretta. Back to the roots!

MARSOC .45 anyone ?
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

I do own a Beretta and a SW1911 and although I've been trained and served with Beretta, I would prefer a 1911
    Regards

Matt

Quote by Zeller View Post
    I do own a Beretta and a SW1911 and although I've been trained and served with Beretta, I would prefer a 1911
    That says alot for the Colt! Most of my trigger time with 1911's has been with a Kimber. Kimber, like Colt, is just so easy to be accurate with. Stock Colts and Kimbers make beginners look good and experienced shooters, experts. It's just an opinion and others may disagree. However, I get plenty of trigger time and get to shoot different weapon systems, so my mind is set. Sig makes a nice .357 with it's bottled-down neck rounds. The 229 has lots of pep but has a learning curve. Rarely anyone becomes proficient with any weapon but if he masters the 229, he'll be happy, the balistics aren't far off from the .45 and you get to double the ammo in the mag. Matt, long guns are my favorite though. .223 are easy to shoot, accurate for most applications, have great stopping power, and mags hold many rounds.

?

I forgot to mention that I live in Europe and handgun prices are considerably higher than in the US, also to discourage people to buy. Where you pay a pistol let's say $800, more likely I'll have to buy it for €800 or more. This is a major turndown for expensive handguns because they become unaffordable. I've been using S&W revolvers and handguns since about 25 years and I have to say I am happy with the quality and performance. Colt are more expensive here, not sure why: there was a time when Colt Python revolver was a kind of must-have, but I have always relied and enjoyed my 586 first and later (still have it) 686.
    My major regret is for the Sig Sauer : I always wanted one but they are way too expensive and I cannot afford one. That said, I am pretty happy with my 1911 clone made by SW, it's accurate, tough built and looks good! Long guns : we have few shooting ranges where you can shoot them around here. So I stick to .22 LR practicing, cheap and fun. Until few years ago, .223 was not legal for civvies so we had to buy .222 only. Same goes for 9mm : we still use 9x21mm IMI instead of 9x19mm
    Regards

Matt

Matt

Hmm, didn't think of it in those terms, .223 not being legal. Here there are millions of AR-15/M4's in private homes. .22 is very fun, I let my boys shoot them, supervised of course! I think the Python is the most popular revolver ever in the U.S. It seems every has one or had one, as must have as you mentioned. Yeah, how can you go wrong with the SW1911? Everyone makes a 1911 and they're all good. Maybe the lesser known companies I'd stay away from. Functionally, they have to be pretty darn even. It then comes to the look and we like Colt (it also is a proven weapon).

The Sig Sauer is a fine weapon. Sig is quality! I own one and they are bloody expensive. Glock is the opposite of Sig, but they shoot easily also. I have a .40 Glock. I better quit telling the world what I own, lol. I worry about my TR collection being stolen but don't give the guns any thought. here, everyone has a gun already, lol.

Matt, it's been a great chat, but It's 0300 here and it's lights-out. My wife is gonna mad Good conversation on WRF is free birth control...never get to bed

Green

Your both lucky, try living in the UK where the press have now got hold of an idea that the .22lr semi clones of the AR15 for sale in the UK (We can only buy semi Auto rifles in .22 now) are high powered rifles identical to the type used in the recent school shootings in the USA.