Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

'MARTIAN' 6.35mm Auto Pistol

Article about: 'Martian' 6.35mm (.25Auto) Pistol... Manufactured by Martian Bascaran Eibar, Spain Circa. 1920s...... BILL

Default 'MARTIAN' 6.35mm Auto Pistol

'Martian' 6.35mm (.25Auto) Pistol... Manufactured by Martian Bascaran Eibar, Spain Circa. 1920s...... BILL
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 'MARTIAN' 6.35mm Auto Pistol   'MARTIAN' 6.35mm Auto Pistol  

"As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Default Re: 'MARTIAN' 6.35mm Auto Pistol

Nice pistol Bill, I have one question, whats the barrel length on that one?

Bill, I wonder what "martian" means in spanish ?
    Regards, Simon.

Quote by theotherhomer View Post
    Nice pistol Bill, I have one question, whats the barrel length on that one?
    Two inches...................BILL
    "As long as there are brave men and warriors the halls of Valhalla will never be silent or empty"

In memory of my father William T. Grist December 26, 1920--September 10, 2009..
    901st. Ordnance H.A.M. North Africa, Italy, Southern France....ETO
    Also in memory of my mother Jane Kidd Grist Feb. 22, 1920-- September 27, 2009... WWll War bride May 1942...

Hi Simon, the word has the same meaning in English as far as I know.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade, Thanks

Hello- I would suspect that 'Martian' in Spanish would be something to do with war or fighting- Mars the Roman god of war-the English word 'martial'=military, also marshal as in a commander.

apbt
    ?

Hi Bill.

I have a just same model but 7.65mm.otos when your 6.35 I would love to get some help on one thing.I got it from my father several years ago and he from hes grandfather witch was in ww1.I have look on it its broken.there is no recoilspring it have dissapear my father dont know if it was there when he had it.I have license on it and would love to try it on the field.But i dont find any information on internet where to buy parts how where exactely it would be placed or it looks like.I would be glad if you dont mind if you can send photos when it is fieldstripped where the recoil spring place is and how it looks like and i will take the photos and my gun to a gun smith to repair it=)

Sorry for my horrible english.The correct name of the manufacturer is, Martin Bascaran.So i supose he took five letters of the name(Marti) and the two last letters of the surname(an).MARTIAN.It´s tipical in some spanish enterprises.The word "martian" is no meaning in spanish.the translation is "marciano" , (inhabitant of mars).

tartopom
    ?

hello !
    i have the same pistol ..this is an heritage.
    i try to disassemble it .. could you help me ?
    Thanks in advance.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast