Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Matching original K98k,great proofs!

Article about: 41 dated K98k finish is a polished blue,all numbers match,look good?

Quote by zwerge View Post
    Any time you get tired of that old military weapon you can make it into a real neat shootin` iron, alls you need is a hacksaw,file and a big hammer, and of course this here book....BUBBA`S BIBLE....contact me if interested.....BUBBA.....AKA zwerge.
    Oh my!! How things have changed since the 50s-60s zwerge. Many milsurps converted back in the day when they could be had cheap. Good ole mauser action! Sure am glad my Dad left his as is. Quite a treasure to own today.

Don't forget drill bits too, it needs a scope!And the stock is kind of rough,could use a good sanding and then some stain and varnish!ha ha, boy I have seen some real dandy "improved" k98s,some guy spent a lot of time in their basement ruining the value of their original rifle.Sandpaper should have been outlawed back then!I saw a BNZ43 at a gunshop, single rune on receiver and on triggerguard.Drilled and tapped on side of receiver,stock had the heck sanded out of it,you know where the buttplate dosent fit right anymore.It was a correct bolt mismatch GI bringback,unfortunatly bubba got his hands on it before I did.Priced at 900.00,needless to say I passed!

Bet some of those Bubba's are kickin themselves now. LOL Hope the BNZ you saw was not an SS contract rifle!!

It was!

?

Great rifle TC, and excellent stamps and markings. I recall when I picked up my all matching 1940 at the FFL they were amazed at all of the stamped, matching parts down to even the set screws.

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    It was!
    Oh My God!!!

Thanks weller!Yeah its cool when everything matches ,been almost 80 years since manufacture.Would love to see pics of your 1940.Yeah mauser OMG,drilled and tapped an ss rifle!I maybe could have "lived "with the sanded stock,but the drilled receiver, no way!Original owner reduced a 1500.00 plus rifle to a 400.00 shooter IMO.

?

Quote by Toecutter View Post
    Thanks weller!Yeah its cool when everything matches ,been almost 80 years since manufacture.Would love to see pics of your 1940.Yeah mauser OMG,drilled and tapped an ss rifle!I maybe could have "lived "with the sanded stock,but the drilled receiver, no way!Original owner reduced a 1500.00 plus rifle to a 400.00 shooter IMO.
    Here is mine from a posting a few years back. I think the stock may have been lightly sanded. I'm no expert just liked the rifle and bought it.

K98 - 337 - Gustloffwerke, Weimar 1940

I also have a WWI Danzig 1934-35 rework and I need to take new photos. Will try to do that soon. I've seen early SS photos where they have a similar rifle.

weller,that's a very nice early k98,thanks for the link!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2