Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Matching serial numbers on deactivated guns

Article about: I do have an interesting MP-40 kit with a saw cut receiver, its all matching except for the bolt, the number on the bolt is one number before it. I've always wondered if it was a factory mis

Default Re: Matching serial numbers on deactivated guns

I do have an interesting MP-40 kit with a saw cut receiver, its all matching except for the bolt, the number on the bolt is one number before it. I've always wondered if it was a factory mistake, or possably a mixup in the field.

Mags for the P38 aren't usually numbered as the whole point of the pistol was to speed up production and to have interchangeable parts (as well as be much more reliable on active service)-very early commercial and service examples may have matching mags but this didn't last in wartime production.

Quote by lithgow View Post
    Mags for the P38 aren't usually numbered as the whole point of the pistol was to speed up production and to have interchangeable parts (as well as be much more reliable on active service)-very early commercial and service examples may have matching mags but this didn't last in wartime production.
    Ah, thanks, I didn't know this- I was under the impression that most (if not all) weapons would have numbered parts including the mag, and I've never read anyone mentioning the P38 as an exception. I guess I should stop searching for an example with a matching-numbered magazine now!

Mat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2