MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Mauser 1915 Oberndorf....caliber/mm

Article about: Unfortunately, this rifle has been sportorized. But I would still like to shoot it. I'm a bit new to gun collecting and would like to know what size ammo this would take. I measured the bore

?

Default Mauser 1915 Oberndorf....caliber/mm

Unfortunately, this rifle has been sportorized. But I would still like to shoot it. I'm a bit new to gun collecting and would like to know what size ammo this would take. I measured the bore and came up with about 8 mm diameter. So I bought some 8mm Mauser bullets, but they just a bit larger than the bore. What other caliber/mm size bullets do these usually fire?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mauser 1915 Oberndorf....caliber/mm   Mauser 1915 Oberndorf....caliber/mm  

Mauser 1915 Oberndorf....caliber/mm   Mauser 1915 Oberndorf....caliber/mm  

A Great War Mauser military rifle will be chambered for 7.92 x 57 mm 'Spitzer' pointy projectile ammo but yours has been sporterised so may well have been rechambered to another calibre like US .30.06-take it to a gunsmith to check it before trying to shoot it.

Definitely follow member lithgow's advice!! If there is any chance this rifle has been rechambered it is necessary for a gunsmith to check it out.

Previous owner/dealer/seller didn't tell you.........?
    Regards,

Steve.