Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mauser K98 SS DEATH HEAD MARKED RIFLES

Article about: I have no idea where to post this here, as i do not see an Mauser K98 section. Mitchell's has 6 K98's , that they claim has SS markings, and with the Totenkopf death head stamping on them, t

Default Re: Mauser K98 SS DEATH HEAD MARKED RIFLES

Check the issues of Shotgun News. In every issue there are offers for single rune, double rune, and skull marked K98k carbines. This is a joke and they are 99% fakes.

Bob Hritz

just my off top:-i have passed trough my arms about 4 ss marked k98 rifles.all found personaly by me in countryside,purchuased from locals and farmers,from 95year until 2003 year.all of them had Wa stamps and skull and ss sigrunes marking(should be on barrel from left side).two of these nice:ladies:had big skull,s stamped in wooden part also.sorry for this off top.

Quote by Bob Hritz View Post
    Check the issues of Shotgun News. In every issue there are offers for single rune, double rune, and skull marked K98k carbines. This is a joke and they are 99% fakes.

Bob Hritz
    That's my thinking. As I said in my previous post I follow 1911's I'm far from an expert on 1911's 98mausers are more of mystery to me. However recently (I can't recall the web page) but they were selling what were supposed to be 100% authentic WWII 1911A1's They were so fake that they almost jumped off the page in shame. 6 thousand dollars is all sorts of incentive to fake a weapon. Mitchell's sells some good looking rifles and it's nothing personal against them but I do have my doubts about the whole thing.
    Mike

Quote by Pompa Mike View Post
    That's my thinking. As I said in my previous post I follow 1911's I'm far from an expert on 1911's 98mausers are more of mystery to me. However recently (I can't recall the web page) but they were selling what were supposed to be 100% authentic WWII 1911A1's They were so fake that they almost jumped off the page in shame. 6 thousand dollars is all sorts of incentive to fake a weapon. Mitchell's sells some good looking rifles and it's nothing personal against them but I do have my doubts about the whole thing.
    Mike
    NOTHING PERSONAL :BUT DON,T MAKE YOUR NON COMPETENCE AS ROOL TO OTHERS WHO JUST LEARN.

I would take the position of no pictures, no money. They likely do not wish to have their work posted on a forum for all to see and discusss.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    NOTHING PERSONAL :BUT DON,T MAKE YOUR NON COMPETENCE AS ROOL TO OTHERS WHO JUST LEARN.
    I'm not sure if I follow you here. I was just saying that with the type of firearms I do know it is common for people to fake them for a profit. I would imagine that fakery is common with all weapon types.

?

Would a Totenkopf-marked K98k be so desirable to take any chance on? I'd immediately discount any seller who just said 'trust me' and refused to even send pictures- that's a no brainer. And can anyone reference the private purchase so no Waffenamt stamps story? It's certainly logical, but can it be proven or is it just someone's theory? I've seen it way too many times that someone's theory, repeated enough times, becomes fact- those who 'know' it are being perfectly honest when they repeat it, they just never checked so are unaware that it's just a theory. For $6k, I'd want iron-clad evidence...

@ ostdigger- you're 100% certain that none of the rifles you acquired could have been faked? Certainly discovering an example of something that contradicts a story shows it to be false, but only if there's no doubt whatsoever the example is real. Since eastern Europe is the source of so many fakes, and since fakers 'seed' stuff so that unsuspecting, innocent people will be able to swear the pieces are authentic, there has to be no reason to doubt a controvercial item is real.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Exactly, if i had a buyer on a item that was $ 6,000.00, i would bend over backwards, and send them all of the pics they wanted, I would never just say " TRUST ME ", The guy was actually argumentative on the whole picture thing.

Thats when i said, it sounds like this is a con, or something is up, what do you have to hide, he then said we dont send pics out of our special rifles, because people steal the pics, as these are the rarest of all rifles out there.

I will never buy a damn thing from Mitchells, NEVER !!!!

ian
    ?

the single rune acording to my friend at steyr is should only have bin stamped on a%tge for batch inspection and steyr dont have a single s in there stock of stamps they only have the skull stamp and it is only a skull - no x bones and no ss , and guys if you doupt my sources of information , i have worked for steyr for 14 months and i have seen things that most of you worst luck will not see , ok i know how that sounds but if i could get all of you to see i would
    best respect to all k98 colectors from ian

Thats pretty awesome, is there anyway, that you think some pics could get posted on here for us all to see.

Thanks
    Brian

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast