Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Mauser K98 SS DEATH HEAD MARKED RIFLES

Article about: I have no idea where to post this here, as i do not see an Mauser K98 section. Mitchell's has 6 K98's , that they claim has SS markings, and with the Totenkopf death head stamping on them, t

ian
    ?

Default Re: Mauser K98 SS DEATH HEAD MARKED RIFLES

the answer to that my friend is no and that is not me that is seyre , they as far as i know are the only arms manufacturer that has full acount of there stamps
    they are allso very secrative as there have bin attempts to steel them in the past
    steyr have records of all serial numbers for army and ss contracts and the have all fonts used for stanps but they choose to stay out of ay arguments to do with there rifles becouse of mathousen if any of you have any questions that i can help with i wil but just at the mo steyr is a bit pissed due to general dynamics oh well cheers ian

Its just that ive seen so many different type of SS stamps on these rifles, and i would like to hear from an expert of what the death head looks like, if there would be SS runes above the death head also, and where these markings would be located at exactly on the rifle...

So many assholes out there faking things.

Thats why i was asking for pics of the stamping/markings...

ian
    ?

from what i have seen of the stamps that steyr have it is only an elongated skull no xbones and defenatly no double runes , allso as i say only a small amount of one rune and all of those were under the barrel and thet stamp was not controled by steyr that was the sole controle of the cerilian ss employed armourers

OK, thank you.

A guy has a rifle that has SS runes, and death heads all over this rifle, and it just didnt seem right to me.

many thanks

Brian

ian
    ?

but that was only styer i canot say for the other manufacturers becouse i have not first hand knowlage as i have with steyr

ian
    ?

that is a fake believe me

ian
    ?

to explane all the intrecasies would take hours some rare rifles will have wafen ampts but no ss contract rifles will ever have eagle proof marks the wafen ampt story will take to long to explane here but it all has to do with tea brakes and going to the toilet?? yes i meen it as simple as that

So, I have this rifle i have been looking at, and the thing i was wondering about is, it has no waffen stamps on it , none at all, just the original marks from the factory when it was made during the WW1 era.

It does have a death head marking under the rifle on the barrel
    Attached Images Attached Images Mauser K98 SS DEATH HEAD MARKED RIFLES 

another pic, this is the one that ive seen on many rifles..
    Attached Images Attached Images Mauser K98 SS DEATH HEAD MARKED RIFLES 

ian
    ?

ok i see the marks you have shown , i will with your permision show your pic to ,my friend at styrer and get back to you tommorow ,but i have to say for my self thet it is not the elongated no bones skull that was used by the ss at steyr BUT it mabe another factory ??? but i am very suspisiouse

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast