Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mauser Kar98

Article about: I've been lurking on these forums for the last week, and now that I have made an account I'd like to ask for some help. I would like to buy a Kar98 (deactivated), and the most important thin

?

Default Mauser Kar98

I've been lurking on these forums for the last week, and now that I have made an account I'd like to ask for some help. I would like to buy a Kar98 (deactivated), and the most important thing for me is it's historical value. I'm almost sure this is a russian capture, and that isn't really a problem for me. I just want a historical rifle and not a recently refurbished one. Could this be a Norwegian rifle that was converted to 30-06? The wood stock finish looks good and it worries me, just like the dark color of the receiver and barrel (basically every part).

I would appreciate your opinion on this gun

Mauser Kar98Mauser Kar98Mauser Kar98Mauser Kar98Mauser Kar98Mauser Kar98Mauser Kar98Mauser Kar98

hit enter twice. Excuse this message...... Blalalaalalalallalala

First off welcome to the forum!

Interesting rifle... Has me a little puzzled. I don't believe the entire rifle to be a Norway reissue.... They usually ground a flat area off the receiver to re-stamp thier new serial number and caliber. But it's odd that the German one is crossed out... So it could be a Norway issue still. I don't think it is a Russian capture, those where hot dipped in a dull black finish.

I believe the stock is a Norway reissue. The butt-plate new serial number is something Norway did.

Is it me or is the butt-plate blued?

?

I guess it is, I really don't know. If this has anything to do with the Norwegian army I probably won't buy it

SRB
    ?

how you know is russian capture? im not see typed X on rifle...

?

Quote by SRB View Post
    how you know is russian capture? im not see typed X on rifle...
    I didn't know, I was just guessing.

I dont see anything indicating a capture..jmo.

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    I dont see anything indicating a capture..jmo.
    Okay, but about the Norwegian stuff Danny talked about, what do you agree with him?

Not familiar with Norwegian reissues. In my experience, the waffen proof is the first thing scrubbed on captures. I would tske Danny's word on the Norwegian issue... No pressure, Danny..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast