Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mauser Kar98

Article about: I've been lurking on these forums for the last week, and now that I have made an account I'd like to ask for some help. I would like to buy a Kar98 (deactivated), and the most important thin

?

Quote by UK Cousin View Post
    Not familiar with Norwegian reissues. In my experience, the waffen proof is the first thing scrubbed on captures. I would tske Danny's word on the Norwegian issue... No pressure, Danny..
    Ye no pressure Danny, I totally believe you! Thanks for the replies & help. I think I know enough now

?

In the reciever there is a half round piece drilled out, this is disturbing me.
    I guess this was done during converting to another caliber like 30 06.
    So its maybe Norwegian but from the pics i cannot see any caliber which is normaly stamped on the barrel

Yep definitely rechambered

?

Question

Yes,the receiver is from a Norwegian capture K98k that was rebarreled to 30/06.
    Since you do not show enuf photos of the rifle I can not tell if it all original Norwegian or a mix master of parts by someone else later.
    Sarge

?

I don't have any more pictures unfortunately. But I'm not interested in this rifle anymore. Thanks for all the info. Thread can be closed ^.^

Thanks Sarge! I never knew they rechambered to 30-06. Explains the need for extra loading room. Reminds me of the carcano's that are rechambered to 7.92. I learn something new every day on this forum. Love it!

They are still worth good money. But yes not 100% orginal. I would rather have a RC instead imho. But to each their own.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2