Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Maxim 1910 Should I or shouldnt I?

Article about: Hi Reg, Be warned! When assembled, this item takes up a fair ammount of room - and it feels as though it weighs a bloody ton! When I used to have the use of the spare bedroom I had an Mg08,

Default Re: Maxim 1910 Should I or shouldnt I?

Hi Reg,
    Be warned! When assembled, this item takes up a fair ammount of room - and it feels as though it weighs a bloody ton! When I used to have the use of the spare bedroom I had an Mg08, two Vickers guns and a Lewis gun set up. Two more Vickers guns in the cupboard over the stairs and one in the cupboard downstairs. My wife was not very happy with me at that time. You could try an alternative for the cloth belt problem. Just use a Vickers belt for it as I did with my Mg08. It's only for display anyway. And as far as I know it's not yet a hanging offence to do it!

Harry.

Reg
    ?

Cheers for the tips guys, I had an inkling the russian maxim cloth belts were a little rare as Ive never seen one for sale over here! but $200 Parp!!!

Good idea re the Vickers belt Harry! tar! Ill put the old lady together soon, but will have to wait for the weather to clear as it will have to be put together outside, I know Russians are supposed to be big lads but blimey its a weight!!

Best wishes

Reg

Heres a cloth ammo belt on ebay its pretty worn but you might like it WWII ORIGINAL MAXIM MG RELIC CANVAS AMMO BELT - eBay (item 220617291846 end time Jun-12-10 09:35:49 PDT)

I'm with the guys that are for putting it all together, it would be a shame to keep it all boxed up when it could be in the living room

Thanks

Danny

Quote by Reg View Post
    Cheers for the tips guys, I had an inkling the russian maxim cloth belts were a little rare as Ive never seen one for sale over here! but $200 Parp!!!

Good idea re the Vickers belt Harry! tar! Ill put the old lady together soon, but will have to wait for the weather to clear as it will have to be put together outside, I know Russians are supposed to be big lads but blimey its a weight!!

Best wishes

Reg
    The Maxim is only as heavy as it's ever been. When they feel heavier it's a sure sign of old age catching up. When I pick my SLR up I never-ever remember it being that heavy!

Reg
    ?

Sorry its taken so long gents, finally got the old girl together in my new shed, rest of collection following soon.

Cheers
    Reg
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Maxim 1910 Should I or shouldnt I?  

very very nice gun reg thanks for showing it

Looks great Reg I've always wanted to buy one of these, but if my dad flips when I get something small like a pistol, imagine what he'd do if I got one of these eh?

Thanks for showing

Danny

How did this idiot get on this thread?

Anyway, Reg, I am burning with jealousy looking at your beautiful maxim.

wow, very nice gun, thanks for showing it. I wish I could get my hands on a great gun like that.
    regards Marty

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast