Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Maxim 1910 Should I or shouldnt I?

Article about: Hi Reg, Be warned! When assembled, this item takes up a fair ammount of room - and it feels as though it weighs a bloody ton! When I used to have the use of the spare bedroom I had an Mg08,

Reg
    ?

Default Re: Maxim 1910 Should I or shouldnt I?

I would like to make a wise crack about having experience taking big old ladies upstairs!! but I will refrain. LOL.

Ade knows Im fibbing in my erlier post too......I am a pasty deact obsessed geek

Good luck with your 1910 purchase, post a pic if and when please? theres not much info about on these, even to the extent that some makers marks still cant be easily identfied yet, mines dated 1945 and several books I have put the year of final manufacture at 1943 or thereabouts???

Danny, theres an old spec Ppsh 41 on milweb now in Ireland for a decent price, in Euros, I wonder if our Coventry based chum has got onto it yet? LOL

Ade? could you post Banksy the web address for that Austrailian chap who has that great pictorial guide to stripping things please? its fascinating..most guns have a few pics, the Maxim is about three pages long LOL.

Good to catch up again guys.

Reg

Quote by Reg View Post
    Danny, theres an old spec Ppsh 41 on milweb now in Ireland for a decent price, in Euros, I wonder if our Coventry based chum has got onto it yet? LOL
    I've actually emailed that seller saying I will buy it if it can be legally sent into the UK, if I find out its sold and see it on DWSUK in a week for double that price (as what happened with 2 items I enquired about) I'll actually flip

Thanks

Danny

Reg
    ?

Good luck mate. Im over there alot with my business (If you can't sell harps to the Irish you shouldnt be in the job lol) I would offer to bring it back for you but the Hollyhead security lot always give me the works when they see me as I gave them a harp cd some years ago...they all want one now, apparently they put it on when the ferrys delayed and it chills them out before the onslaught.
    Ive just bought a no 4 enfield from a uk dealer with a sense of proportion on the pricing thing, so Ill stick with him for a bit, though he dismays occasionally when he sees things he's sold on other dealers sites for over the odds prices.

Cheers
    Reg

Hi Reg, here is a link to my friend Baz's site (He is in NZ and his stuff is live):

gunpics.net

The PTRS shown is mine though (deact of course)

Cheers, Ade.

?

Great link ade ! Thanks for posting it !

?

Hi Boys,
    I've just posted a plea for anyone with Maixim gun knowledge for help identifying a Spring Fuzee.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/axis-...vickers-76795/

I didn't want to "hijack" this forum, but it does seem to have a concentration of Maxim enthusiasts, whom maybe able to offer some help?
    Many thanks.

Quote by Reg View Post
    Good luck mate. Im over there alot with my business (If you can't sell harps to the Irish you shouldnt be in the job lol) I would offer to bring it back for you but the Hollyhead security lot always give me the works when they see me as I gave them a harp cd some years ago...they all want one now, apparently they put it on when the ferrys delayed and it chills them out before the onslaught.
    Ive just bought a no 4 enfield from a uk dealer with a sense of proportion on the pricing thing, so Ill stick with him for a bit, though he dismays occasionally when he sees things he's sold on other dealers sites for over the odds prices.

Cheers
    Reg
    Hi Reg
    who is this man?
    i am getting a bit sick of the over priced web sites.
    i know its bad form to slag off the cowboys but we could always promote the good ones me thinks?
    nice maxim though i al looking into getting one before the prices go up.
    Andy

?

Dogdog47 I think you should get one soon as they are all disappearing I'n to collections ! Soon they will go up I'n price !

I think you are correct so i went to leeds arms fair last week hoping that there would be Rytons there but no show on there account. but i did come away with a ww1 brass flair pistol and a baton gun made from a ww2 flare pistol by the british army in the 60s interesting items but no maxim and now i have no money.

i will get one soon i hope just need to make more cash as they say (hope its a good summer)
    andy

?

Lol what about the war and peace show ? There's bound to be one there ! You could try gun star ...

Good luck with your sertch ...

Kind regards
    Alex

Alexanderstevens75@yahoo.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast