Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Maxim m1910 advice

Article about: In many ways it makes sense, what it failed to accomdate for was antique and collector type weapons and things on the fringe. The State Dept Military Assitance Plan injunctions also have uni

Default Re: Maxim m1910 advice

In many ways it makes sense, what it failed to accomdate for was antique and collector type weapons and things on the fringe. The State Dept Military Assitance Plan injunctions also have unintended effects on re-importation, for instance it is illegal to re-import lend lease items. For small stuff it is ignored, but it means you can't buy a jeep from France that was left behind. This is an attempt (albeit weak and obtuse given the plethora of domestically available weapons of all varieties here) to prevent cheap high powered things like AK's PKMs etc slopping around the underworld. However if you are a dealer it is a license to print money as artificial shortages are created. State department and ATF types I deal with at times for work readily acknowledge the legislation was to generalized and has unintended consequences, but the political process to refine things is difficult and unlikely to be taken up. More regulation in the age of 'terra' is always politically popular. It is like the health & safety culture in the UK.

?

There is a Bulgarian gent that sells ammo belts on the forum's classified. I can recommend Naiden. Newer had any problem.

A friend had to cut up the armour from a m3 halftrack and hide it in some jeep spares to get it out of the states,no weapons just flat metal plates.

Ah, armour is on the munitions list. We acquired a commercial crane via DRMO that had been used by the USMC, they armoured the doors. The de-mil exemption we achieved required the doors to be removed. When we collected the crane the doors were leaning against the fence and the helpful Sgt. loading it out for us placed the doors in our truck so we didn't forget them. Had to do the same for a commercially available aircraft tug, it was classified as 'wheeled tractor, war' versus 'ground support equipment tug' as it was with a fighter unit versus a transport unit. It is stock numbers descriptions and end use. I have seen dozens of humvees with minor armour upgrades with the plastic still on the seats go to gunnery ranges and into shredders. Once armoured forever tactical. The process for challenging is complex and byzantine - straight out of Kafka. I could go on, but it is the way it is. This effects too few people in exceptional cases for anyone to risk a political or bureaucratic career to address change.

well ive learnt some more,the oil can box contains 3 items,2 for oil and one for water,the water one i assume is not for connection to steam hose but just to supply water/anti freeze.
    It stumps me why so many period photos dont show a can connected whether its got snow hole in top or not,if its water cooled it needs cooling water ?

The water can is only for condensing steam. They just did not bother with this. It is not vital.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

I have managed to get a fabric belt from bulgaria via e pay,a action cover from Rytons and a oil can box as pictured,just waiting for a price for steam hose and can from canada ex finish army. Maxim m1910 adviceMaxim m1910 adviceMaxim m1910 advice

Great looking Maxim..

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

Default Re: Maxim m1910 advice,latest

After waiting two months for it to arrive from canada i now have my water can,i think im happy now......Maxim m1910 advice

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2