Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MG.08 flash hider

Article about: I have had this MG.08 flash hider kicking around for years in a box of bits and pieces. Its well pitted and has not been looked after very well at all. After the end of the German Occupation

Default MG.08 flash hider

I have had this MG.08 flash hider kicking around for years in a box of bits and pieces. Its well pitted and has not been looked after very well at all. After the end of the German Occupation most of the German equipment that littered the Island of Jersey was gathered up and dumped into the tunnels that the Germans had dug during the 5 years they were here. This flash hider is one of those items that spent many a year rusting away in the tunnels until it was gathered up by some enthusiatic collector. I acquired it in a box of rusted items in a deal sometime back. It just shows that once the Germans had Occupied the Channel Islands, and the front line troops had moved off elsewhere that the next men to take over were using equipment from WW.1.
    An unusual item to find these days, not the best of condition but still part of the German Occupation history.
    All the best from Jersey.
    D
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG.08 flash hider   MG.08 flash hider  

MG.08 flash hider  

Interesting piece and am sure collectors would pay to have this in a collection. Funny how items such as this were once discarded and now treasured by collectors.

Such a shame it was left to go rusty and get all pitted before it was rescued.
    D

?

I will buy please if for sale. it is however a 08/15 assembly. not rare but would be useful for my relic project.
    Mark