Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mg 34

Article about: Cheers guys yeah i wasnt sure about the barrel front!!! Still is a good looking beast.. have you much to go with it,belt,ammo tins etc??..Im starting to get excited now "sorry"..I

?

Default Re: Mg 34

Cheers guys yeah i wasnt sure about the barrel front!!! Still is a good looking beast.. have you much to go with it,belt,ammo tins etc??..Im starting to get excited now "sorry"..I really do want 1 of these but ive over spent my budget for a wee while.. Ive already bought this year alone 1 Colt 1911 & Mosin Nagant Carbine..along with EK 2s & wound badges!!!..So im waiting out for 1 ive seen them from £900 to £1300...So thanks for posting...Terry

Yup, I've one or two bits and pieces to go with it, ammo tin, assault drum set, a couple of 50 round belts of inert 7.92, one with post war ammo but the other one is all WW2 dated stuff. I'll have a look see if I've any pics of the bits and pieces.

Just to make you sick...I bought mine when you could pick one up for under £300...

?

Cheers for that!!!!.. I was reading that to my wife.. & when i saw the last line it went something like!!!!! F**KING HELL £300 ...lol... So how long ago was that then!!! or have they shot up in price??..Nice bits of kit there as well...I have a Bren gun i see you have 1 too,& MP44,SLR....the Slr looked pretty good i havent seen a Slr since my Selection days & them 1s are really battered!! no carrying handles,Orange tape around the butts & hand guards,& all damaged.. Cheers Terry...

Here's some of the clutter that goes with my MG34's...

Nowt startling, just a couple of ammo cans and stuff like that, no fancy tripods or anything!

First up, an E Tin with a cammo finish, WaA stamped etc, probably used by Portuguese with their MG34's, don't think it was used WW2 by the Germans but it still looks good though. It's got one or two bits and pieces inside it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mg 34   Mg 34  

Mg 34   Mg 34  

Another ammo can, this one is an aluminium one and is WaA stamped & maker marked etc, dated 1940. The (inert) ammo in this one is all WW2 dated German rounds.

Mg 34   Mg 34  

?

Thanks for the photos very nice...If & when i get a MG34 i will defo get a belt for the gun...So the daughters can do skills & drills when i have a BBQ lol..

Some drum mags...

The twin drum mag set has been painted post war over the top of the original ordnance tan, maybe Norway or somewhere else, don't think it's Yugo tho as I've had them sometime, long before all the Yugo stuff appeared. I started removing the post war paint years ago but to be honest it was such a faff that I quickly lost interest and abandoned it! Maybe one day I'll get around to finishing it off...but I'll not be holding me breath waiting!
    I'm not sure about the paint on the single drum, it's had a repaint but dunno if it's post war or war time? Ammo in it is all inert post war 7.92.

Right, the single drum first...

Mg 34  

The carrier and twin drums...

Mg 34   Mg 34  

Finally, in a Portuguese transit box...there is usually a spare barrel case in there too but I must of taken it out when I took the pic for some reason.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mg 34  

?

Thanks for the picutres.. the twin drum set looks nice......I will get this weapon system one day. bit like yourself i wont hold my breath!!! Terry..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2