Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

MG 34 production and rarity

Article about: Hi all, Does anyone have any data on the production figures and rarity of MG 34 manufacturers and years? I've a Maget 39 machined cover Mg34 which I'm considering swapping for a 1945 mg34 an

Default MG 34 production and rarity

Hi all,

Does anyone have any data on the production figures and rarity of MG 34 manufacturers and years?

I've a Maget 39 machined cover Mg34 which I'm considering swapping for a 1945 mg34 and I'm not sure if its one of those decisions I'll regret when presented with the data so I'll hold on until I find out.

Regards

Bigsie

?

Default Re: MG 34 production and rarity

Quote by Bigsieuk View Post
    Hi all,

Does anyone have any data on the production figures and rarity of MG 34 manufacturers and years?

I've a Maget 39 machined cover Mg34 which I'm considering swapping for a 1945 mg34 and I'm not sure if its one of those decisions I'll regret when presented with the data so I'll hold on until I find out.

Regards

Bigsie
    Get the Collector grade book on the MG 34 and MG 42. However I would never trade a Maget 34 with a machined top cover for a 1945 MG 34 unless there is something very special about it.

Thanks for the reply.

Here in the UK all (if not the majority) of our MG34's are deactivated RC's. The 45 dated one is kind of rare because it breaks and the barrel comes out whereas my 39 machined breaks but the barrel is welded solid.

The 45 is maching apart from the stock, its phosphate green and has enough wa's. It has Isreal marks but has a wa'd bipod with it.

I'll post some pictures once I've sneaked it into the house and the wife hasn't seen it!!

Regards

Bigsie

Could you, if you have the data, list the years and numbers made. I've searched but can't find a reference for manufacturers/code/year/numbers made? Without buying a £250 book that is!

Regards

John

?

Could you, if you have the data, list the years and numbers made. I've searched but can't find a reference for manufacturers/code/year/numbers made? Without buying a £250 book that is!

Regards

John
    Estimated Production Number From Collector Grade: "MG 34-MG42 GERMAN UNIVERSAL MUCHINEGUNS" by Folke Myrvang

Maget 70,000 code: cra
    Waffenwerke Brunn 170,00 code: dot
    Mauser Werke Borsigwalde 60,000 codes: S/243, ar
    Berliner-Suhler Waffen-und Fahrzeugwerke/Gustloff-Werke,Suhl 130,000 codes: bsw, dbf, 936
    Waffenfabrik Steyr 7,000 code: bnz

Wow, I didn't realize the price had escalated so much. I got my copy when it first came out in 2002 a few years after I got my DOT 1944 MG 34 (fully operational) . I think I paid about $60 US. I looked at Amazon and they wanted $200 US.
    Hope That Helps,

Cheers,
    Sam
    Last edited by samnev; 04-30-2012 at 06:22 PM.

Thanks very much for your help, you solved my problem for me, I'll get my Maget back and appreciate it - even though they are all decativated here in the UK. I'll also keep an eye out for those bnz coded 34's.

Does the book break them down into numbers per maufacturers per year too?

Regards

Bigsie

?

Thanks very much for your help, you solved my problem for me, I'll get my Maget back and appreciate it - even though they are all decativated here in the UK. I'll also keep an eye out for those bnz coded 34's.

Does the book break them down into numbers per maufacturers per year too?

Regards

Bigsie
    It doesn't break them down by year, sorry.
    Regards,
    Sam

Hmmm there's another piece of research for all of us then.

Regards,

John