Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mg 42

Article about: What do you make of this?

OKW
    ?

Default Mg 42

What do you make of this?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mg 42   Mg 42  

Attached Images Attached Images Mg 42  Mg 42  Mg 42  Mg 42  Mg 42 

Default Re: Mg 42

golly gosh
    The SS mark is a fake. There was never ever an SS rune in a diamond, except on fakes!
    And i am very concerned with the "waffenampt" marking???

No maker mark visible on the breech, so you can't even tell if its a post war one?

what's the estimate on this one? if its 300-400 its a post war one, 700-800 will buy a nice matching numbered wartime

OKW
    ?

Guesstimate GBP1000- 1500

For that kind of money you could get yourself a nice one!

Virtually all equipment that was ever issued NEVER had SS runes on them. Apart from leather equipment ect: But bayonets and firearms were rarely marked. Someone I know, made a cracking set of SS runes, and turned them into a metal stamp. He stamped everything he could, very discreetly, and it looked great. He sold the pieces for no more than the proper retail money, and never told anyone what he had done, you can guess whats happening now can't you? When I'm offered the odd piece that comes along stamped with the runes, i kinda smile to myself, and decline. But i do not condone what he did, it just goes to show you though, not everything that glitters is gold

As already stated the SS markings are a fantasy. They copied the fantasy marking from Tony Olivers fake SS belt buckles.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: the name on the deact cert brought back fond memories of my friend the late Dougie Preece.

He also did a lot of other fakes, like Gold Party badges, etc.

Cheers, Ade.

Here's something you don't see every day. I have a set of them, with the Black uniforms too
    Last edited by John Brandon; 06-30-2010 at 05:57 PM.

Hi John, I had a set of those reprints once but I gave them away to a collector in Germany. I got them for free away and did not need them.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Dougie Preece god rest his soul, poor chap died of cancer many years back now, funny enough I didn't get on with him that well for years, until I went to a show near Canuck one year and took one of my Dogs along, Dougie took an instant liking to my German Shepard "Kera" and spent most of the weekend making a very big fuss of her. Funny enough after that I sore him in a different light altogether, and we always got on really well after that, and the first thing he would always ask me was "how's your dog ?" the other highlight of that weekend was it was the one and only time I ever, that I've re-enacted in full German uniform.

Nige.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    As already stated the SS markings are a fantasy. They copied the fantasy marking from Tony Olivers fake SS belt buckles.

Cheers, Ade.

PS: the name on the deact cert brought back fond memories of my friend the late Dougie Preece.
    The first SS buckle I ever bought was one of these! The dealer swore it was 100% original and I didn't know any better. $35 was alot of money for a high school student back in 1976. I did use the buckle for re-enacting for several years.

Best Regards,
    Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast