Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

MG34 'dot 1944'

Article about: Hello folks. This one was a long time coming, but it's finally in my hands. At long last, I can finally say I own a proper WWII-era machine gun! This MG is a late war example, dated 1944 and

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    The prices are better, but that's because you're only getting half of the original firearm! How far is this nonsense going to go? Haven't they done enough damage already?

B.B.
    There seems to be some confusion here, the deactivation process which Carfin mentions are the rules which came in force in June of last year. The semi automatic, and automatic weapons are already pinned and welded (on the outside) so that they cannot be stripped. And the prices which Carfin quotes are for the cost of deactivation, not the for the purchase of the weapon! Although you now get less gun, the prices are much the same - or even higher than they were before.

Thanks for clarifying! Still a shame that the specifications are so harsh.

I have heard some talk of UK specifications becoming legal again once we've withdrawn from the EU, owing to the deact legislation specifying that they only apply to EU countries. A number of dealers are still selling UK-spec deacts, but only to customers outside of the EU. While it may just be a pipe dream, it would be nice to see the UK market make a resurgence. The likes of W&P have looked awfully bare the last couple of years!

Regards, B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Thanks for clarifying! Still a shame that the specifications are so harsh.

I have heard some talk of UK specifications becoming legal again once we've withdrawn from the EU, owing to the deact legislation specifying that they only apply to EU countries. A number of dealers are still selling UK-spec deacts, but only to customers outside of the EU. While it may just be a pipe dream, it would be nice to see the UK market make a resurgence. The likes of W&P have looked awfully bare the last couple of years!

Regards, B.B.
    I would imagine that is exactly what it is Brodie... just talk. Meanwhile, in the real world, it is very much 'business as usual' when it comes to pre EU spec deactivated weapons. Every time I attend an arms fair I see them openly displayed for sale, although the prices have been cranked up a little.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6