Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

MG34 with the FBI

Article about: I think IMA had Sokolov mount the last time I looked. I had a second one when I bought my parts kit but sold it off but I still have a spare armor plate.. If you can find one I am 99% sure t

?

Quote by Logictox View Post
    Here is what you need.
    Not to brag but years ago when 8mm was cheap I bought a lifetime supply. I don't think I will ever run out of it in my lifetime and my heirs will most probably have to sell it off. I had tot build special cabinet shelves with 5/8" plywood on 2X4's to hold it all together with 7.76X54R and 7.62X51 for my MG 42 that I switched over to 7.62. But if you want to donate your stash I would gladly accept it.

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Look where I live. This state is doomed. It's going to surpass CA in liberal silliness.
    Wait till it gets as bad as bad as here in Australia. No semi autos even. Such a hassle to even get a bolt action

Quote by samnev View Post
    Not to brag but years ago when 8mm was cheap I bought a lifetime supply. I don't think I will ever run out of it in my lifetime and my heirs will most probably have to sell it off. I had tot build special cabinet shelves with 5/8" plywood on 2X4's to hold it all together with 7.76X54R and 7.62X51 for my MG 42 that I switched over to 7.62. But if you want to donate your stash I would gladly accept it.
    That wasn't bragging at all

Quote by tailor marc View Post
    Wait till it gets as bad as bad as here in Australia. No semi autos even. Such a hassle to even get a bolt action
    I guess that means you guys don't have any crime, right? ROFL, I'm sorry I couldn't resist. Thank goodness I still live in a state that has no issue at all with guns.

?

I guess that means you guys don't have any crime, right? ROFL, I'm sorry I couldn't resist. Thank goodness I still live in a state that has no issue at all with guns.
    I will second that but we are still to close to Commiefornia and not far enough from New York.

Those are great pics/vids Samnev,

I have a Lafette mount and the AA tripod now (I finally found one I liked), but I couldn't jury rig either for the MG34, as they are both set up for the MG42s that I have.
    We both have DOT44's (with some internal differences -) - mine is in excellent condition, but I have a suspicion the blue has been redone, it's so nice.
    But, it is blue and not the Soviet black we see on many reworks - I cannot find waffen marks on it -- should it be heavily marked?

I must say the MG34 was incredible fun to shoot, just a sweaty, oily, messy, dirty, noisy day in Heaven.

This was my day today (Sunday on a beach in Oxnard, doubling for Brighton England in a short WW1 film) - ignore the ridiculous make-up - I was doubling a teenager.
    The bike is a 1929 Harley Davidson SD.

MG34 with the FBI

Peace and happy shooting, collecting, etc!!!

Logictox - let me know if you ever want to sell any of those crates of wartime 8mm - would love one for the show-room!

Pit.

haha crime is at an all time high and rising. What i would give for a AR-15, AK-47 and a pistol grip mossberg. Like to see someone home invasion my place lol

?

Pit,
    Yes, like all otter German weapons it should be heavily marked with Waffen Amt's on it. My 34 and parts kit is down in my gun room and I recently partially tore my achilles tendon and stairs are a no no for the next 4 weeks until the walking boot comes off or I would go down and locate all the places it should be marked. I am thinking that you 34 could be an Israeli rework which would account for the blue and possibly the absence of markings. The IDF extensively used the 34 in their fight for independence and IIRC most were DOT's. I completely agree with "I must say the MG34 was incredible fun to shoot, just a sweaty, oily, messy, dirty, noisy day in Heaven." The 34 was one of my first Class III acquisitions.
    Is your Maxim a Russian 1910. I own a 1910 Snow Cap C&R Russian that is my favorite water cooled and an RP 46 which is the reason I have so much 7.62X54R on hand. The 34, 1910, RP 46 and the MG42 are the ones I take to almost every shoot.
    I have about 10K rounds of WW II German brass cased 8mm still in their 300 round cardboard carriers. It all fires like the day it was made. I was lucky when J&G got it in a client in England wanted the carriers and 15 round boxes but could get the ammo imported. So they emptied the ammo and sold him the carrier and empty boxes. My best friend in Prescott's other half is their sales manager and we got the 6K rounds for 6 cents a piece. so I haven't touched the boxed rounds. i will shoot up all the Turk, Yugo, and Romanian first so it will be a long time, if ever, before I have to use the ammo in the carriers.
    That bike is great. It must be a hoot to ride.
    Regards,
    Sam

Yes - I will pull it apart today to clean - but no IDF markings either - I'll let you know what I find.
    The Maxim is the M1910 - yes, I am waiting for the Sokolov mount still - it wasn't so much fun shooting it from a bench without a mount - mine is a MidWest Metal Creations semi.
    That was a great score for you on the 8mm - sounds like you are set for a while.

The bike was a little nerve wracking when the transport guys wheeled it out, it is a tank shifter, and although I have ridden a lot of bikes + crashed them for money, I hadn't ridden one of these before - this example was about $30k's worth of antique.
    1. twist accelerator on right handle 2. twist engine retardation on left handle 3. front break on left 4. foot brake on right 5. foot clutch on left 6. shifter on tank.
    Remember to shift to neutral before turning left slowly as if you need to put your foot down you will have no clutch access, etc., once you get your head around it was lovely - like working with old firearms, it is all a precise and well thought out system eighty years ago.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast