Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

MG34 with the FBI

Article about: I think IMA had Sokolov mount the last time I looked. I had a second one when I bought my parts kit but sold it off but I still have a spare armor plate.. If you can find one I am 99% sure t

?

I think IMA had Sokolov mount the last time I looked. I had a second one when I bought my parts kit but sold it off but I still have a spare armor plate.. If you can find one I am 99% sure the 1910 will work on a Vickers mount. Sometimes when I bring out my Vickers and 1910 I use the Vickers on the Sokolov mount so it should work the other way

My RP 46 being shot by my buddies 11 year old son.

MY 1910 minus armour plate, MG 34 and MG 42

MG 34 is on a heavily modified MG 3 mount as is the MG 42 that are much easier to take out than the WW II Lafette's.

The Maxim will work on a Vickers mount. I have seen it done a re-enactment events where M1910's double up as Vickers guns.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The Maxim will work on a Vickers mount. I have seen it done a re-enactment events where M1910's double up as Vickers guns.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade for the conformation. Cheers
    Sam

Thanks Ade, Samnev,

I have the Sokolov mount, and it along with the tool kit, condensors, belt loaders, accessories, equals over 165lbs in pallet shipping weight, so it is paid for but not shipped yet, as I ran out of "toy" money.
    I do not have an armor plate - IMA have repro ones, but I am tempted to try one of the relic reals ones from ebay estonia, lol.

I did know that the Vickers mount worked - not through seeing it practically, Ade (thanks for the confirmation), but just reading on the 1919 forums, but they are not as available as they once were - and frankly I would like a Vickers or 1917 browning semi-next, if there is money to be spent.
    *I popped the cotter pin out on the MG42 AA mount, and it was only about 1/4" off being able to mount on that, lol - that would have been unbalanced but fun.

That RP 46 is an interesting looking one, Samnev,
    You really have a great collection.

It's interesting you should mention your bad back and the MG34 - these pigs really make you sweat don't they.
    Taking them to the range and setting them up, taking them down, cleaning them, to and from the car - it is a work out, lol!

But - I think a lot of this collecting old things has to do with temporarily taking yourself back in time, if only for a moment - and shooting the belt feds, well it does take you to another place for sure.

Pit.

?

Pit,
    If you are hankering for a 1917/28 or a Vickers next I have both. The 1917/28 rarely gets taken out while the Vickers is second only to the 1910 in my list of favorite water cooled Mg's. I strongly recommend getting the Vickers over the 1917. I do not think you would be sorry. When ever I take the Vickers or the 1910 out everyone wants to shoot hem. The 1917, not so much.

As I get older I have been shooting the 34 and 42 of the AA tripod and do not even take the MG 3 mounts any longer. And yes they do make you sweat and look like a coal miner when you finish cleaning them. By the way i change barrels after 300 rounds of sustained fire on both the 34 and 42 and let the hot ones cool off. It keeps the throats from being eroded. It's not so much of a problem with the 308 Styer barrels as they are made of much tougher steel than the Greman WW II barrels. That's the main reason I converted the 42 to 308 since my 42 is all matching and want to preserve the original barrel along with the other 8mm barrels.

Great advice, sir!

I am with you on the Vickers - except one of my favorite war heroes is Sgt. Basilone - I have the Colliers cover framed in my office, with him hip firing the 1917., lol.

I am in agreement on the barrel changing situation - and after examining this one have decided I need a couple more.

--

So just finished cleaning the '34 - BTW my barrel end has some bad pitting on it, where the shooter end is pristine, here are the marks I found:
    Top cover - Z
    Internal top cover awl - Eagle
    Top cover latch - COF
    TC itself - COF (trace of eagle over an eight pointed star/snowflake.)
    Bolt - A238 (Multiple electro stencil markings)
    Feedtray - BPR
    Stock - GXY 44 waa620 (eagle)
    All stock metal had waffen marks and eagles.
    Barrel release lever and pin - eagle Waa11
    Barrel - MMa DOT 43 2X eagles over 63 then (an 0 next to a shield over 16)
    Waffen on fron release pin.
    Front sight - Waffen 63
    Bipod - Pz. B 39/2689
    Receiver (reweld) - 2X waffen at rear left.
    Front section housing - DOT 1944 CB 3114
    Nothing on the grips, except for a waffen on the front left upper screw-stud.

Where the parts do not match they have been force matched, by X'ing out old number and either stamping or electro penciling new number. In the case of the stock ring, there are three numbers X'd out.

There is a serial number on the top cover in large numbers - the waffen and eagles are quite light, making me think it was a refinish.
    I do not know what the eight pointed star/snowflake is?

No Russian capture X's no star of David as on my last Israeli MG34 and no French stars.

Thoughts ALWAYS appreciated,

Pit with dirty hands!

Does anyone know what my bipod marking - Pz.B 39/2689 means ?
    It is obviously not from a Pzb-39
    PzB-39 - Internet Movie Firearms Database - Guns in Movies, TV and Video Games

The Maxim worked on a little movie last night.
    Strapped in on a Lafette - as nothing else was at hand, totally wrong, but deep background.

Last edited by pitfighter; 08-07-2013 at 08:16 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3