Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

MG34 and MG42 Osprey book

Article about: For fans of the excellent Osprey series of books, this one is due out in October. Looks like a must buy for those of us who want to learn more about these deadly weapons http://www.amazon.co

Default Re: MG34 and MG42 Osprey book

The book is now out and my copy arrived this week. Great reading for the novice like me

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture MG34 and MG42 Osprey book   MG34 and MG42 Osprey book  

MG34 and MG42 Osprey book   MG34 and MG42 Osprey book  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Nick !

What a coincidence, I just bought my copy off eBay last week; here it is, just reading it now in my little Travelodge Hotel room in Barrow!! haha

All the best....sad man at travelodge !

Hard to beat good "Osprey".
    Most informative little books hey.I have over 50 in my libary.
    Cheers
    Dave

?

I have the book just need to get home & read it..bloody work...boo hoo.... 5 days to go can't wait... Cheers Terry.

There's an interesting picture on page 73, it shows a US Marine inspecting a Mg3 in Iraq. But have a closer look at the bipod, that's no Mg3 bipod, there's a picture on the opposite page (top picture) of a Mg3, with a Mg3 bipod fitted. It's either an early WW2 Mg42 or Yugo M53 bipod. The buttstock (eye glass needed to see) has wire wraps on it another WW2 Mg42 or Yugo M53 feature, but the flash hider is from a Mg3. As it doesn't have the AA sight bracket fitted I would say this is a Yugo M53 with a Mg3 flash hider fitted for some reason un-known that's made it to Iraq! Yes I do need to get out more! Jonathan.

Here is another new release from Osprey!
    Attached Images Attached Images MG34 and MG42 Osprey book 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

It's a good book, well worth a read.

?

Got it already guys..A good little book what I have seen of it!!!!..Cheers Terry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2