Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Mg81

Article about: Hello, I thought I would share my latest find/purchase part of an MG81, which so I am told is from a Luftwaffe aircraft which crashed or was shot down in England during WW2. Any thoughts or

Default Mg81

Hello,

I thought I would share my latest find/purchase part of an MG81, which so I am told is from a Luftwaffe aircraft which crashed or was shot down in England during WW2. Any thoughts or opinions would be good to hear. Furthermore if anyone could point me in the right direction of where I could possibly use the serial numbers to gain any further information please.

There is apparently a picture that was taken just after the aircraft came down with a female holding this gun and is in a book titled the blitz. This has been with the same family since it was found.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mg81   Mg81  

Mg81   Mg81  

Mg81   Mg81  

Mg81   Mg81  

Mg81  

Default Re: Mg81

A very interesting item in amazingly good condition. Your best bet may be to find a copy of the book and view the picture of the downed aircraft. You should be able to gain some information from the unit markings on the aircraft if they were visible. I doubt if you would be able to discover much from the weapon serial number.

Ned will probably have the answer.

Absolutely wonderful and soooo cool - I would have thought there was an excellent chance of it having been recovered from a crashed Luftwaffe plane.
    That just makes it a wonderful addition to your collection.
    FYI - this is the receiver section so we wouldn't be allowed it in this condition in the US. Thought you'd like to know there are some things you can have that we cannot.

I would love to see the picture of the girl holding it from the book on the Blitz if it is available to post -

Pit.

Is it for sale or trade? best Chris

?

Quote by undu562 View Post
    Is it for sale or trade? best Chris
    Considering this post is almost 6 years old and the OP hasn't been here in 3 years , I would say your question may go unanswered.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Well i can always live in the hope!!!!