Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?

Article about: Hi I got this MGC68 two days ago (gun only, I put my original sling on it) . I was told it's fully functional all metal blowback by Model Gun Corporation (MGC). However the seller didn't kno

Default MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?

Hi

I got this MGC68 two days ago (gun only, I put my original sling on it) . I was told it's fully functional all metal blowback by Model Gun Corporation (MGC). However the seller didn't know if it's used for blank or PFC's Reusable (plug fire cartridge). I can't find any maker mark or number but only "Japan" under the trigger guard. Please help me to find out what kind of cartridge can be fitted in it, thanks a lot.

MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?MGC68 MP40 Blank or PFC version?
    Last edited by kevin710; 11-19-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Neither -

You have one that has had the front of the bolt milled so it cannot chamber the reusable brass it was originally designed for - it certainly cannot shoot a blank.
    -With the MGC68 it was a paper cap in the front of a solid brass cartridge, very inefficient, although now you can convert them to fire two and three piece PFC reusable rounds, primarily for the 9mm SIG PFC cartridge - I believe.

I have had two of these (with milled bolts), I believe RMI, in the US, was the company that did the "de-milling" for importation or sale, I do not know where you are based, but the work looks about the same - although that "extractor" is different to any I have seen. They also turn up in the US without the demilled bolt.

So, if by fully functional the previous seller meant that it cocks and dry fires, they were correct.
    But, that will need some work to make it fire a PFC cartridge -
    *Will need a new bolt and it may need a firing pin, which is an insert in the chamber - as the cap is in the head of the PFC round.

The sling looks "almost" good though - one of mine came with an original sling, too.
    I kept the sling and traded the model-gun - it is now on a BNZ42.

I hope this helps - I am no expert, but, if you want more accurate info. there are some experts, who take the collecting of such replicas quite seriously at: Free forum : MP40's Modelguns Forum
    Last edited by pitfighter; 11-19-2013 at 11:20 PM.