Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Mint k43 up for review.

Article about: Hello guys, This very nice k43 is up on GB right now, I have been wanting one of these for quite a while. Just posting some pictures to receive feedback, everything looks great to me! But ju

Default Mint k43 up for review.

Hello guys,

This very nice k43 is up on GB right now, I have been wanting one of these for quite a while. Just posting some pictures to receive feedback, everything looks great to me! But just want be sure! Here is the link!

German Walther K43 G43 Rifle DUAL LUG AC 45 Mint : Curios & Relics at GunBroker.com

Thanks!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mint k43 up for review.   Mint k43 up for review.  

Mint k43 up for review.   Mint k43 up for review.  

Mint k43 up for review.  

MAP
    ?

Sweet Danny. From what I can see it looks good but will admit I'm a bit rusty on these. Haven't research them in a number of years since I bought my two.

These are prone to breaking if fired I am told so best not shoot it

Here are 2 pretty decent sites for them

G43 / K43 Collectors Homepage

Claus Espeholt's G43 - MP44 collectors Service

Claus also has a database similar to the helmet lot number database tracking the variations. Both of mine are in there somewhere
    Last edited by MAP; 11-25-2015 at 12:16 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thanks for the links Michael, great reads. I know these are prone to breaking, as I understand there is a company that even makes a 'shooters kit'. I have no interest in shooting one of these. I am much more of a collector than a shooter. I have shot a few of my WWII firearms, but I would be crazy to shoot all matching ones.

Looks good Danny as far as I can tell. Member Map is indeed correct. Company that sells that shooters kit is called Apfeltor I believe. These guns were made to operate in the frigid climates I read hence the system used for case extraction. Great to see you"re investing in some matchers that hopefully will continue to grow in value. Hey Hitler ain't making anymore. have not seen a Model 41 or 43 in years even at gun shows. Hope the final price ain't too bad. Thanks for posting and keep us informed. Heard that book Hitler's Garands may be useful if not 100% accurate like Backbone.

Fonts look a little bit weird on some of the numbers, force matched (electro pencil?) on the bolt parts, is this RC?

Gotta get them all!!!!

- - ------- - -

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Fonts look a little bit weird on some of the numbers, force matched (electro pencil?) on the bolt parts, is this RC?
    As far as my knowledge I believe that type of lettering is correct, but that's why I always like a second opinion.

?

She's fine I bought one 6 months ago, I installed the shooters kit I had extreme difficulty in removing the gas system I wound up sending the barrel to the guy that sold me the kit! He's a class act Im looking forward to shooting it next week!!

Quote by cat66 View Post
    She's fine I bought one 6 months ago, I installed the shooters kit I had extreme difficulty in removing the gas system I wound up sending the barrel to the guy that sold me the kit! He's a class act Im looking forward to shooting it next week!!
    Great thanks! Honestly if I do wind up getting it, I would have no interest in shooting her.

?

Exclamation

Thanks for posting and keep us informed. Heard that book Hitler's Garands may be useful if not 100% accurate like Backbone.

Don't know where you got your info, But BBotW is an inaccurate POS! That book IS riddled with errors of about every imaginable sort! I sent Law a 1 page typed single spaced list of errors in his book (I still have my copy!) - he Never replied! The later updated edition did Not correct a single error in the original!
    Darrens book is very accurate in all aspects.

I have hunted with a G or K 43 (of course I have mostly used mismatched rifles) since 1959 using both factory and hand loaded ammo. Never a problem, but you do not want to make the hand loads hot like you would a K98k.
    Sarge

I hope you get it. These are rare over here in the UK. I got to shoot one last year with the Army.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast