Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Mint k43 up for review.

Article about: Hello guys, This very nice k43 is up on GB right now, I have been wanting one of these for quite a while. Just posting some pictures to receive feedback, everything looks great to me! But ju

Quote by Sarge View Post
    Thanks for posting and keep us informed. Heard that book Hitler's Garands may be useful if not 100% accurate like Backbone.

Don't know where you got your info, But BBotW is an inaccurate POS! That book IS riddled with errors of about every imaginable sort! I sent Law a 1 page typed single spaced list of errors in his book (I still have my copy!) - he Never replied! The later updated edition did Not correct a single error in the original!
    Darrens book is very accurate in all aspects.

I have hunted with a G or K 43 (of course I have mostly used mismatched rifles) since 1959 using both factory and hand loaded ammo. Never a problem, but you do not want to make the hand loads hot like you would a K98k.
    Sarge
    Sorry Sarge My mistake. Meant to say Backbone has many inaccuracies. My error and I apologise.

Quote by Sarge View Post
    Thanks for posting and keep us informed. Heard that book Hitler's Garands may be useful if not 100% accurate like Backbone.

Don't know where you got your info, But BBotW is an inaccurate POS! That book IS riddled with errors of about every imaginable sort! I sent Law a 1 page typed single spaced list of errors in his book (I still have my copy!) - he Never replied! The later updated edition did Not correct a single error in the original!
    Darrens book is very accurate in all aspects.

I have hunted with a G or K 43 (of course I have mostly used mismatched rifles) since 1959 using both factory and hand loaded ammo. Never a problem, but you do not want to make the hand loads hot like you would a K98k.
    Sarge

Thanks Sarge! Guess I will stay away from the book!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I hope you get it. These are rare over here in the UK. I got to shoot one last year with the Army.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade! Very nice you Got a chance to fire one!

?

Thumbs up

Quote by Dannyjunkfish View Post
    Thanks Sarge! Guess I will stay away from the book!
    I would suggest that you buy the revised edition. While full of errors there is also a lot of useful info and the photos are pretty good excluding the photos of Pfake rifles.
    For a better done and accurate book on the K98ks I recommend the 2 vol (eventually to be 3) set on the 98k called Karbiner 98k by Karem & Steves. For some reason they did vol 1 & 3 first and are now working on Vol 2.
    Sarge

I thank-you Sarge. I will check them out.

Well thanks for the help everyone, I gave up when it reached 5K.

?

5K way too much I just found a nice DUV 44 in Franklin TN for 2600 USD at the Military show there

Sold at $5,125.00 plus final incidentals like $32 shipping, etc. I figured that 5K would be topped...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by cat66 View Post
    5K way too much I just found a nice DUV 44 in Franklin TN for 2600 USD at the Military show there
    Lucky, will have to keep my eyes open!

2600 is a Gift..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast