Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Mint k43 up for review.

Article about: Hello guys, This very nice k43 is up on GB right now, I have been wanting one of these for quite a while. Just posting some pictures to receive feedback, everything looks great to me! But ju

MAP
    ?

WHAT? $5K? I know it is a duel lug but do they really command that price?? Or was this just way over bid?

I have a G43 sniper single lug DUV with Gw Zf4 Scope. The rifle is all matching (the scope mount is not serial numbered to the gun though) that I bought 3 or 4 years ago for much less than that. Although no paper work, it was a French Resistance capture.

I really hope they aren't going for these prices now.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    WHAT? $5K? I know it is a duel lug but do they really command that price?? Or was this just way over bid?

I have a G43 sniper single lug DUV with Gw Zf4 Scope. The rifle is all matching (the scope mount is not serial numbered to the gun though) that I bought 3 or 4 years ago for much less than that. Although no paper work, it was a French Resistance capture.

I really hope they aren't going for these prices now.
    I was very surprised! I went up to 3k, when I saw it hit 5k I gave up.

Yeah prices pretty steep on those G-41 and G-43 rifles especially on Gunbroker Danny. I often browse gun stores for possible trade-ins for a 98 but most of em have fallen victim to Bubba that I have seen. Back in the mid-90s seem to be an influx of R/Cs that were available and I scored a BYF 44 mixmatcher for $275. It was a Century Arms Import as indicated under the barrel up top. Man the overall finish was a bit rougher than the 1940. Pre war and early war examples are better finished.

?

For an all matching mint G43 the 5K price is about the norm that i've seen the sell for. The price on the G43's has really escalated in the last few years. All matching mint one are very hard to find these days. If it were my G43 I wouldn't shoot it.

I don't even see how this one would be matching, some of the bolt parts were force matched electro penciled numbered, I mentioned this when I looked at the gun, it was never acknowledged or discussed. Also the strike/font on other actual numbered parts looked wrong, too deep for one. There's not much variation in the look of actual WWII German applied matching numbered parts across the weapons I've seen over the years, in hand and in pictures.

WEIRD VERY DEEPLY AND HAPHAZARDLY STRUCK "MATCHING" NUMBERS (NUMBER FONT IS NOT TR) STRUCK OVER A WAFFENAMPT?

Mint k43 up for review.

RC FORCE MATCHED?

Mint k43 up for review.

RC FORCE MATCHED?

Mint k43 up for review.

RC FORCE MATCHED?

Mint k43 up for review.

To spend $3k on this rifle would have been foolish, $5k pure madness but there are people out there with more money than common sense... seems hard to believe that some uneducated dolt has too much money to pay for stuff that's either fake or in this case not right, but you see proof of it everyday.

PS Admittedly, I don't know the first thing about these, so I'm just applying what I know about WWII German small arms in general. If this is what K43's are like on the inside normally, then I am wrong about it not being a matching gun. If you were to see this on a 98k, it would be deemed a force matched RC capture gun. That gun would also be import marked. If this one wasn't, it may have have an older (discreet) import mark erased (it can be done carefully) and cold blue or phospated in. It can be done, and unless you look for it it can get past you. Back in the day (when import marks were a really horrible thing that instantly relegated a gun to "shooter only" status), I actually brought something home from a show once and didn't even notice it was import marked for a couple days, the import mark was that small, it was almost invisible. I didn't like it, got rid of it... like it was never there.
    Last edited by Larboard; 12-01-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Larboard, on G43's the #'s on some parts (bolt housing, gas cylinder, bolt "flaps", firing pin housing, etc.) are usually electropenciled. Even some parts of the previous G 41 are electropenciled.
    This one seems a really nice, correct late war specimen; but I agree, 5K are definitely overpriced, IMO.

Ok, and numbers stamped over a Waffenampt ok too?

Quote by Larboard View Post
    Ok, and numbers stamped over a Waffenampt ok too?
    I would say yes. If you look at the fonts on the bolt carrier, they are the same. We have to consider that this one is a very late war rifle (1945), and at that time the Germans were in real troubles; so every expedient to speed up the production was very welcome, as, for example, some phosphated parts (and, later, simply left in white) or the rough finish of the stock. I think that the s/n over the WaA is simply a son of the hurry.
    Last edited by ziomanno; 12-02-2015 at 12:24 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3