Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Model 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringback

Article about: Hi everyone, Today I am showing the model 1914 Mauser pistol. This pistol has been kept in very good condition and does not show its age. It was manufactured in 1917. The serial number is al

Default Model 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringback

Hi everyone,
    Today I am showing the model 1914 Mauser pistol. This pistol has been kept in very good condition and does not show its age. It was manufactured in 1917. The serial number is also unique. I have never seen a serial number almost completely the same. The pistol has imperial markings but no Nazi proofs. The holster has the name "Stanley" on the inside as well as the processing marks that cleared this pistol to come back to the US. All the pieces on this pistol are matching as are the magazines and the holster. The trigger still has the majority of the original blue finish on it. This pistol was captured in World War 2 by a family member and was recently handed down to me. Hope you enjoy!
    ThaddeusModel 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringbackModel 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringbackModel 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringbackModel 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringbackModel 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringbackModel 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringbackModel 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringbackModel 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringbackModel 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringbackModel 1914 Mauser pistol. . . Vet bringback

A really Nice 1914 you have there.. Great condition and the holster is in great condition also. With the history it should show in your collection well.
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

John
    I specialize in M1 carbines and Lugers.

The last 3 digits of the s/n should also appear on the face of the locking rod that holds the barrel in place and also on the rear tab of the barrel. You can get replacenment recoil springs, in fact all the springs should be replaced, if the reciol spring is worn, when fired the ejected shell casing can fould the slide and the new round can get caught in the breech and go off with nasty results. Krasne in Californioa can supply the new springs and firing pin if needed.

I have a 1934 Mauser that my Uncle Valentine brought back from WWII that I found in his footlocker along with his uniform and US Army issued Mechanics tool bag. When he passed the family was going to toss the footlocker in the dump until I came over and opened the lock (original US Army issue) and we found the history of his service. He was with the 601st Tank Destroyers as a Mechanic and served in the Italian invasion and then the European invasion (from the South across France into Germany) and ended up with the 509th in Austria.

Went in a PFC and came out a PFC, never spoke a word of his time in service.

Amazing condition for a nearly 100 year old Mauser! Beautiful find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Excellent example of the pistol and holster you have there-I assume Stanley is the name of your relative as its not a German name.

That actually is not his name. My relative told me that when he liberated this pistol and holster that the name was already on there

Thaddeus-perhaps the German was a Laurel & Hardy fan-'And that's another fine mess you've gotten us into, Stanley!'.

It looks to me like the same person that wrote "Stanley" on it did the bottom line below it writing as well. Can you read what the bottom line says(besides USA)? Perhaps your ancestor got this gun from another soldier named "Stanley"? Soldiers were constantly haggling and trading and even swiping each other's souvenirs-or it might even quite well have been a won pot in a poker game! Bottom line being, no matter How your ancestor got a hold of it, it's Still a Cracker of a little Mauser and Anyone would love to have such a piece in their own collection!
    William

Wagriff, I am not sure what the writing says below. I have talked with a good friend who is also a military historian and he told me that many times when the weapons were brought back to the US that they had to be inspected and processed before coming into the country. His best guess was that the markings were someones initials or signature giving the owner the go ahead to bring it back. That would also explain the USA stamp on the bottom right corner

Looking at the word on the bottom left under magnification, it is "Philadelphia" and beneath it is what looks like a word beginning with "D" but I cannot make out the rest of it. It Might be short for "Department" or "Depot", or....?
    William

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast