Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mosin

Article about: Hello, this saturday I will probably bring home my first Mosin 91/30. I'd appreciate some detailed pics of these 2 models M91/30 round reciever M91/30 hex receiver THanks in advance Matt PS

?

Default Mosin

Hello, this saturday I will probably bring home my first Mosin 91/30.

I'd appreciate some detailed pics of these 2 models

M91/30 round reciever
    M91/30 hex receiver

THanks in advance

Matt

PS - how do you guys shoot it? I believe reloaded ammos?

Default Re: Mosin

Hi Matt, I have one of each in my collection, but rather than me take pics, here is a superb link for you, which will tell you all you will need to know:

Russian - Soviet Area

Many people here is the UK shoot factory made ammo.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thank you Ade! Interestingly, most of the italian shooters I know, use reloaded ammos.
    I will probably pick up my first Mosin this w-end, I have to choose amongst ten,all produced between 1940 and 1943.

Hi Matt, I am looking forwards to seeing it.

Reloading is popular here too, but just a few of my friends seem to use factory ammo in their M91/30's.

Cheers, Ade.

Reg
    ?

Try this weblink for all sorts Mosin, 7.62x54r.net its a mine of information.

Wish I could tell you a little more about shooting the beasts though, ive 4 but all de-activated, they can be addictive.

Good luck
    Reg

?

That is not a big problem, I saw some for sale in Germany in Waffen Boerse Kassel ( nearest WBK will be 21-22 Mai )
    As I remember they was for sale by Chemnitzer Sport Waffen und Munition Fabrik.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Reg
    ?

Hi Matt

I remember reading somewhere that a company called Partizan still make quality 7.62x54R rounds, but its a popular calibre still (oldest centrefire I think) and theres lots of ex-eastern block ammo available, but it may be old and prone to hang-fires.

Two of my best liked mosins are the Hex 1932 91/30 and the 1942 Round reciever high wall, the workmanship on the 32 model is very good, where comparing the 1942 one, made when the enemy was literally at the Russians gates is fascinating, the lathe and milling marks make the 42 look an ugly industrial tool, but I like it for the comparison. Both are post war re-works though, Im looking for a nice original un-touched one sometime.

Cheers
    Reg

Hi Reg, Privi Partizan is good ammo. My friends use it all the time and our group uses their 9mm blanks too.

Cheers, Ade.

i have a friend who waits until a gun show and buys craets of amunition for a good price he just makes sur to chack the dates for the rounds so he dosnt have any thing that might damage the rifle. he trys to shoot old amunition with lowe grain count