Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Mosin Identification.

Article about: As far as I can tell this is an 1926 Izhevsk Hex receiver. Because of the long flat rear sight and the circular head I have reason to believe it's a Dragoon or some form that has been altere

?

Lightbulb Mosin Identification.

As far as I can tell this is an 1926 Izhevsk Hex receiver. Because of the long flat rear sight and the circular head I have reason to believe it's a Dragoon or some form that has been altered. I will post the main pictures first, but I took pictures of every marking I could possibly find, in case they mean something interesting. Only thing It doesn't show is the rifle is 48 3/4" long. Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.Mosin Identification.

?

Sorry, the Marking's are about halfway down. It didn't upload in the order I thought. New here!

A typical refurbishment of a Dragoon into an m/91/30 equivalent, primary change being the hooded post front sight instead of the blade of the Dragoon type. A good example.

?

So in a nutshell, I have a 1926 dragoon refurb to a 91/30. Are there any other major differences than the front sight that make the refurb? Is this the most common refurb, or do I have something to be even the smallest bit proud of?

?

Also any extra information you have historically would be greatly appreciated, this is my first Mosin and love the history behind them

My 1924 Izhevsk made Refurbished Dragoon 91/30-almost all Soviet MNs were refurbed and stored away post WW2 awaiting World War III. This site will be of use in determining some of the history of yours. 7.62x54r.net
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Identification.   Mosin Identification.  

Although I have fired AR's in the past I finally decided to buy one. My true interest is in historical weapons but something modern every now and again doesn't hurt. My new Ruger AR-556 in 5.56mm NATO.
    Mosin Identification.

Please delete above post, modererator. Another screw up trying to use my phone. Apologies to all.

Quote by LaineL View Post
    So in a nutshell, I have a 1926 dragoon refurb to a 91/30. Are there any other major differences than the front sight that make the refurb? Is this the most common refurb, or do I have something to be even the smallest bit proud of?
    It isn't just the front sight that makes it a refurb. When they refurbished these guns, they normally did not keep the original parts together. As you can see from your photos, the parts are a mix of different makers and different eras and when they put them back together, they scrubbed and re stamped the numbers to match.

When you look at your rifle you will see on the receiver a stylized bow and arrow, then you will see on some of your photos a arrow in a triagle (so later Izvhesk) or a 5-pointed star (Tula). So what you have is a rifle that went through a complete rework at some point. These earlier guns, however, are usually better machined than some of the war time ones I've seen and handled (Rough!).