Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Mosin M91/30 PU Sniper Rifle

Article about: Awesome Joe! A beauty of a Mosin Sniper. What did you enjoy shooting more......the sniper or the new Garand? Seeing that last grouping, I would call that a successful day at the range. If yo

Default Re: Mosin M91/30 PU Sniper Rifle

I just received this message in my e-mail:

A UPS shipping label has been created. Once the shipment arrives at our facility, the tracking status--including the scheduled delivery date--will be updated.
    The anticipation is killing me!

?

I know the feeling, Joe! It's like waiting for your birthday presents the night before your birthday.

The really interesting thing about this latest batch is I've seen some people post with some really nice interesting scopes. I saw one the other day with a really nice Kransnogorsk scope, very cool. Not the rarest of all of them but pretty uncommon. I've got a nice tula and an Izhevsk, should pick up a few more.

Now you need one of these ;-) to go with it.

Attachment 396602

Thanks, meyerse! Where are you located a Roma?

Of course sniping goes back much further than WW2-the US Civil war saw the use of scoped target rifles by sharpshooters, sometimes shown in movies/TV but the rise of modern sniping with scoped service rifles starts in WW1 with primarily the Germans using G98s and the British SMLEs and P14s. I would think more of the US general public though would have seen sniper rifles through series like 'Combat' (a childhood favourite of mine) and movies like 'Saving Private Ryan'-a far bigger box office hit than 'Enemy...'. The MN snipers are the nearest thing anyone will see to a mass production weapon of its type so they are far more common than any other rifle.

Thanks, lithgow! I guess the Mosin Sniper's recent fame could be attributed to video games then?

Mosin M91/30 PU Sniper Rifle

?

Interestingly, the PU snipers are looked down upon as Mass production junk here in the US. They are not considered as worthy as Enfield, 03 and Garand snipers. But, they are excellent rifles - simple yes - but sturdy and accurate at ranges up to 800 yards. After that the 3.5X scope limits the ability to acquire targets, but the rifle can easily range that far. And, the PU scope is tough and not as susceptible to drift as are the other snipers of the era. Just remember to ALWAYS check your screws and knobs before you start shooting - they will move.

My rifle is scheduled to arrive on Friday!

Waiting on pics of your new Mosin.........!

Hope you don't mind me posting this, Joe. Here is a relatively unknown
    WWI sniper ( Unsure whether he ever used a scope or not ! )

Francis Pegahmagabow - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Civilization.ca - Treasures Gallery - Francis Pegahmagabow's Medals
    Regards,

Steve.

Thanks for the contribution, Steve!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast