Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Mosin M91/30 PU Sniper Rifle

Article about: Awesome Joe! A beauty of a Mosin Sniper. What did you enjoy shooting more......the sniper or the new Garand? Seeing that last grouping, I would call that a successful day at the range. If yo

Default Re: Mosin M91/30 PU Sniper Rifle

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Thanks, meyerse! Where are you located a Roma?
    North Side
    Last edited by meyerse; 09-13-2012 at 08:47 PM.

I picked her up at about 3pm today. I saw damage to the box and my heart dropped. These crappy cell phone pics really don't do the rifle justice. It looks nice!

There are TONS of markings all over the rifle, especially on the receiver. I will be sure to post high quality pics ASAP. As soon as tomorrow, but probably Monday.

Here are the crappy pics to tide you guys over:
    Mosin M91/30 PU Sniper RifleMosin M91/30 PU Sniper RifleMosin M91/30 PU Sniper RifleMosin M91/30 PU Sniper RifleMosin M91/30 PU Sniper RifleMosin M91/30 PU Sniper Rifle

Oh! I forgot to mention that it's a 1943 Izhevsk.

?

Looking forward to seeing the better pics!! Congrats!!

Quote by MarkV View Post
    Looking forward to seeing the better pics!! Congrats!!
    Thanks, Mark!

Should the scope be dated? I didn't see a date on there... The barrel looks like it needs A LOT of cleaning. Cosmoline overload!

?

No, not all were marked with a date. What markings are on it? I will need to see some better pictures to tell you what you have.

Looks like you got a nice one, from what I can tell. I just picked up 43' Izhevsk ex-sniper today, next will be a sniper as well at some point.

Yes, please a better pic of the scope serial and any mount markings. It is a later scope....1943-1944 likely

Thanks for all the responses, folks! I will post high quality pictures as soon as possible. Just as soon as I received my sniper, I had to leave to see my girlfriend for a weekend. I popped open the shipping box, unwrapped the rifle and scope and snapped some quick cell phone pictures. The rifle is here with me... but devoting any time to it while with my girlfriend could mean a fate worse than death!

I will update you guys as soon as possible!!

going to guess the scope is progress marked?

Attachment 397727

if it is a progress scope (bottom symbol above, top symbol was used on some PEM scopes)
    and if so, if it is No A-122345 (looksl like an A but is not) then it is a 1943 and would be a good match for your rifle!
    if not it then it should be No b-12345 (looks like a lower case b but is not) then it is a 1944

If not a progress scope, then what is the symbol? It clearly isn't a kransnogorsk scope. Could be a Yoskar Ola scope, in this case (since you said it doesn't have a year on it) it would start with a serial number of either 44 or 43 and that would be the year, the symbol is a pentagon with hammer and sickle in side.

I believe it to be marked as a progressive scope. I will do my best to photograph it today...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast