Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mosin Nagant 1936

Article about: Hi, I found this nice mosin nagant. But i dont know the stamp on it. Can anyone help me? Used in ww2 or not? Thanks

Default Re: Mosin Nagant 1936

Hello,

Two things:

I find it interesting that the rear sight is a post-war type, but the receiver is a 1936. I'd expect it to be the type 3 (I think that's correct) sight, the original version put on the 91/30. Very similar to the one on it, it has a long groove extending from the notch to just before the graduations begin.

Do you see a box with a slash mark through it on the butt of the rifle? It's usually found on the right side. This is the reasrsenal mark showing it was arsenal refurbished and stored against future need. (Future need was usually seen as arming an occupation force should the USSR have invaded a major player(s) had the Cold War gone hot.)

Regards,

Josh

P.S. Very nice rifle, Sir! J.S.

?

I dont think it have any repairs. It is deactivated.
    Mosin Nagant 1936
    Mosin Nagant 1936
    Mosin Nagant 1936

Grts

?

Thge vast majority of these rifles went through refurb - this one carries the Izhevsk plant mark.The sight would have been updated at that point, if not before, and the stock replaced if it was excessively worn. I love to collect Mosins - and to shoot them, too! Nice example of a pre-war receiver.

?

An interesting thread guys thanks for all the information..I've learnt something new today "again".. Cheers Terry.

?

That was an awesome learning experience!! I kept running back to my gun safe and pulling out my 1925 Izhevsk to make sure it had all the right parts and It DID!!!!! I love this site
    Thanks
    Semper Fi
    Phil

Mosin Nagants are great rifles. They're a dime a dozen and each one tells a unique story with all of its markings. I once found a really cool one at a local dealer's shop. It was a 1900-something rifle that had been converted into an M91/30. It also had 'SA' Finn capture marks on it. However, the vet who brought it into the shop claimed that he had picked it up in Vietnam. So, the poor rifle went through WWI, the Russian Revolution, the Great Depression and conversion, the wars against Finland, somehow ended up back into Soviet hands, and was sent to the North Vietnamese prior to the Vietnam War. An American found it and brought it back. I should have bought the thing. I'm not sure why I didn't.

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    That was an awesome learning experience!! I kept running back to my gun safe and pulling out my 1925 Izhevsk to make sure it had all the right parts and It DID!!!!! I love this site
    Thanks
    Semper Fi
    Phil
    I guess I know a thing or two about a thing or two!!

I'm dring to add a 1930 dated mosin to my collection... The year of my Omi's birth!

?

There is another pattern of sling slot not previous mentioned. Details here.

Mosin Nagant Sling Slots & Swivels

?

Another Mosin Nagant and like GIZMO8Z learnd me I think this is a Finnish M91, M91/30 used in ww2? I'm I correct?
    Does anyone know what the price on these go?

Mosin Nagant 1936Mosin Nagant 1936Mosin Nagant 1936Mosin Nagant 1936Mosin Nagant 1936

?

doesn't look like Fin -39. Most probably it's a Russian Imperial 91 (might be post revo ones) Please provide clear photos of markings on the rifle. It's hard to tell anything without seeing them

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast