Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mosin Nagant 1936

Article about: Hi, I found this nice mosin nagant. But i dont know the stamp on it. Can anyone help me? Used in ww2 or not? Thanks

Default Re: Mosin Nagant 1936

Looks to be a M91/30.
    I would guess 1936 or later and I"d put money on 1941 or earlier given the characteristics (look at the rear site, so I'm guessing not a kosak or dragoon).

The FINs captured TONS of these in the Winter War (to go with the stocks obtained during the civil war, and acquired after the war from captured stocks).

?

Given the length and octa receiver could be dragoon rework sometimes in 30s or 50s(Soviet or Bulgaria or CS arsenals rework) . But not 1941 one, definitely. Lets wait for the markings

Quote by ph3s View Post
    Given the length and octa receiver could be dragoon rework sometimes in 30s or 50s(Soviet or Bulgaria or CS arsenals rework) . But not 1941 one, definitely. Lets wait for the markings
    It looks like a round receiver to me (could be wrong but where do you see the hex? pic isn't so clear), so this would discount a dragoon (receaver isn't trimmed back for the new updated site?), and it passed into FIN hands prior to the close of 1944 (its looks like a FIN) so this would cap the date and it doesn't look Soviet reworked.
    Having said that, I haven't seen as many FIN capture 91/30s that had the sling carrierrs done, they captures so many....

From the photos, this rifle doesn't look like your typical M91/30. The wire sling mounts are the most obvious giveaway. It's hard to tell, but the stock is either extremely old or has been refinished, or has Finnish pine sap which of course would mean it is a Finnish capture.

I can't see the rear sight well enough to make a comment on it, but it doesn't appear to be typical M91/30.

The bolt handle looks to be older...

Finally, the front sight isn't your typical "post in globe" typical of M91/30s.

As mentioned earlier, markings and close up photos of the rear sight will tell all!

I expect there to be an [SA] Finnish capture mark on this rifle...

Sling mounts are a Fin modification.....
    Rear site looks like a standard 91/30 that hasn't been through a refurb (with the extra pins added, this would conform to being in FIN hands).
    Bolt is likely a miss-match as are the vast majority of FIN captures and this isn't limited to M91 or M91/30s (try to find a matching FIN capture SVT-40).

If it is indeed a round receiver (which it looks like) then it most certainly isn't a dragoon .........(I'll dig out the picks of my FIN capture dragoon).

Edited to add, front site is a common FIN mod too...open site.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    From the photos, this rifle doesn't look like your typical M91/30. The wire sling mounts are the most obvious giveaway. It's hard to tell, but the stock is either extremely old or has been refinished, or has Finnish pine sap which of course would mean it is a Finnish capture.

I can't see the rear sight well enough to make a comment on it, but it doesn't appear to be typical M91/30.

The bolt handle looks to be older...

Finally, the front sight isn't your typical "post in globe" typical of M91/30s.

As mentioned earlier, markings and close up photos of the rear sight will tell all!

I expect there to be an [SA] Finnish capture mark on this rifle...

?

it could be the light as well. Anyway we need to see the proper pictures to draw an opinion. All we do is guessing at the moment, I guess The bolt has a step, on the attachment part, common to RIA91s and carbines

Here is a FIN-39 as for the captured ones SA is an order
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Nagant 1936   Mosin Nagant 1936  

Mosin Nagant 1936  

Nice Sako M-39. I've only one, with a early straight stock. I love these and they were dirt cheap for the longest time......no more.

?

Hi,
    Here some new photo's.
    This one is not owned by my but im looking to get one.
    (But first need to know what this is exact and if its post-pre ww2)

Thanks to all for quick answers

Mosin Nagant 1936Mosin Nagant 1936Mosin Nagant 1936Mosin Nagant 1936Mosin Nagant 1936Mosin Nagant 1936

It's a Finnish m/91/30 made by them -round receiver means a WW2 made example-most Finnish rifles use hex receivers that were recycled from older Russian/Soviet weapons-the stock is a Finnish 2 piece type with a thicker wrist than the Soviet stocks for better recoil absorbtion. The Finns made a number of 91/30 copies in 1943-44 along with their own m/91s and m/39s.

?

Very interesting, So the conclusion is finnish mosin nagant ww2? (what price can you put on this?)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast