Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mosin-Nagant M38 Carbine Identification

Article about: Hi Guys Picked this up this week for a really good price, thanks to Terry ( Tango ) who pointed me in its direction Number BN9498, all matching numbers A few marks on the stock The MM is a w

?

Default Re: Mosin-Nagant M38 Carbine Identification

Martin a nice little pick up there.. I think it looks great just the way it is!! I wouldn't touch it up myself "but knowing me I would balls it up"lol...I have one myeslf carbine & rifle for the price you pay I think you can't go wrong!!! Good effort.. Cheers Terry.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Roughly says "People cherish peace", then of course reference to the 20,000000 killed (actually now estimated at 27 million) and then the dates of the Great Patriotic War.

Cheer, Ade.
    Cheers Ade,

Yes it’s really hard to comprehend the losses the Soviets incurred during the Eastern Front campaign, that’s my main interest, that’s why I bought the poster; it’s an original from the early 80’s
    No wonder the Soviets were such twats during the cold war!
    My apologies to any Russians reading this!!

- - Updated - -

Quote by Tango View Post
    Martin a nice little pick up there.. I think it looks great just the way it is!! I wouldn't touch it up myself "but knowing me I would balls it up"lol...I have one myeslf carbine & rifle for the price you pay I think you can't go wrong!!! Good effort.. Cheers Terry.
    Cheers Terry, thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Was looking at your colelction last night, very nice, i am very envious !!!

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Thanks for the info ph3s, will take a look after dinner later

Yes Joe it’s a deac unfortunately, without a Fire Arms licence that’s all we are allowed over here, would love to fire one of these properly, may start investigating getting a licence, but would need to join a club first; I do have government security clearance so maybe I could look into it

Yeah mate I realised it had an M44 stock after I bought it but it didn’t cost much so I am happy, will probably pick up an M44 in the future to add the collection

Yours look sweet by the way, what are they like to fire, I have read they are not that accurate !! ???
    Thanks! I actually haven't shot mine yet! Hopefully this coming Holiday weekend (It'll be Thanksgiving this coming Thursday in the U.S.)... I've heard carbine Mosin rifles are less accurate and have far more muzzle flash and recoil than M91/30s. Sounds fun! I will be sure to take pics and post a video or two!

If any of you folks ever find yourself in New York, I'd be more than happy to take you to the range!

?

Mr Giz I would love to be anyway but here even at target end lol.. but sadly Im here in the desert...boo hoo.. ah Martin thanks for the comments a lot of sweat & tears has gone into that collection lol.. I wouldnt mind a luger next but that will have to wait until I have paid back for the DKiG ..... Cheers Terry.

The Soviet losses are indeed ingrained in the memory of the peoples of the former Soviet Union. To put it into a modern prespective, it would be like having half the present population of the UK wiped out....a figure which is almost impossible to imagine.

Last Sunday I attended the Soviet War Memorial, next door to the IWM in London, along with other members of our group to pay our respects. Our group now has strong ties with the Russian and Belarus Embassies in the UK.

We laid a wreath and provided a colour party. You can see some pics on the official Russian Embassy website:

http://www.rusemb.org.uk/activity/121

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin-Nagant M38 Carbine Identification  
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Cheers Ade,

Yes it’s really hard to comprehend the losses the Soviets incurred during the Eastern Front campaign, that’s my main interest, that’s why I bought the poster; it’s an original from the early 80’s
    No wonder the Soviets were such twats during the cold war!
    My apologies to any Russians reading this!!

- - Updated - -

Cheers Terry, thanks for pointing me in the right direction

Was looking at your colelction last night, very nice, i am very envious !!!
    The great losses were partly due to bad leadership. Shukov showed on many occasions disregard for his men and did not car much about great losses. Many Russians are not really that happy about him because of this. I have some interesting notes from German Officers in the Sychevka (Rzhew Salient) front. They simply did not understand what was going on, sending wave after wave towards heavily fortified positions. The Red Army lost 200-250 000 men there in a matter of days, during Operation Mars. Operation Mars is not mentioned in Shukov's memo's. Uranus is of course. This is Off Topic, i know

Nice little M38

Regards, Lars

I rather think old Uncle Joe had something to do with the immense losses starting with the purges of the officer corps in the late 30s onwards...

?

Lars there is a good "well what I thought was good DVD" out called Blood upon the snow.. a box set but it does give the viewer a insight to what was going on around that time WW2...I thought it was a good watch!! but then again Im no expert ever..Cheers Terry.

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    I rather think old Uncle Joe had something to do with the immense losses starting with the purges of the officer corps in the late 30s onwards...
    Yes of course. It was just an example. When Shukov was asked about the great loss of men, he simply answered "The Russian women will give birth to more men". That was the attitude. Very famous quote here. I shall not discuss this more in this thread.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by lithgow View Post
    It's really hard to judge today. But let me put it this way, what anyone would do if gets a country after Trocz's manipulations and well build network of supporters of that while there is no time? Country is big and rich, enemies are getting stronger every day and one know for sure he has broken the rules of the game, investors are lost profit, because of that and the rest of "civilization" really doesn't like it. Anyone who didn't manage to clean up the army from treators and dissidents, didn't manage to create a new stronger one got knocked down and his country was robbed it's true even today About mistakes, well you know who hasn't got any mistakes? those who didn't do anything.

here is another question: mass media keeps repeating how many people Stalin have killed. Does anyone know how many people were killed during Trocz's power? Why nobody makes any deal about that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast