Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mosin Nagant M91/30 Bolt Handle Broken

Article about: I own a deactivated Mosin Nagant M91/30, a section of the bolt handle has snapped off. I am wondering if there is any way to have this repaired legally in the UK. I have posted some pictures

Default Mosin Nagant M91/30 Bolt Handle Broken

I own a deactivated Mosin Nagant M91/30, a section of the bolt handle has snapped off.
    I am wondering if there is any way to have this repaired legally in the UK.
    I have posted some pictures of the dissembled bolt below

Well... that sure does suck!

91/30 bolt bodies can be picked up rather cheap in the US. Is that an option for you?

Hi
    You could take it to your nearest gunsmith and get it repaired but you have to take the whole rifle with you they do not except part of a weapon. They may even have a spair bolt you could buy, it would be worth phoning around first. Best of luck.
    Dave.

I would not be able to get the part through customs and id rather not replace any part of the weapon as all of the serial numbers match.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi
    You could take it to your nearest gunsmith and get it repaired but you have to take the whole rifle with you they do not except part of a weapon. They may even have a spair bolt you could buy, it would be worth phoning around first. Best of luck.
    Dave.
    Thanks i'll look around, just hope they will work on a deactivated weapon.

Gee is "Gunsmith" still a viable occupation in the UK?

Shouldn't be to hard to repair since its deactivated.

Hi,
    I thought you were in Scotland Sorry, most gunsmiths will work on deac,s but you will have to take the whole weapon to them and the certificate to. best of luck.
    Dave

The other option is to get in touch with Ryton Arms. I believe they are currently selling build-your-own Moisin Nagants at the moment - just the actions with no stock. It may be worth giving them a ring and see what they can offer you.

Oops - duff advice! The actions are for sale at World Wide Arms - priced at £69. That just might be around what it could cost you to get properly repaired!
    Last edited by HARRY THE MOLE; 03-12-2014 at 09:23 PM.

?

Being a deac. I would take it to a machine shop and have them tig weld it for you. If you know some one that works as a welder or with someone who does, that would be a simple and cheap fix.

Jim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast