Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Mosin Nagant pickup, interesting example.

Article about: Got this one at a militaria and arms fair today: She is Izhevsk produced, dated 1929. It's in a pretty rusty/dirty condition, but I just had to have it. I am not sure what it was, but I real

Default Mosin Nagant pickup, interesting example.

Got this one at a militaria and arms fair today:
    She is Izhevsk produced, dated 1929. It's in a pretty rusty/dirty condition, but I just had to have it. I am not sure what it was, but I really liked the look and feel of it and I knew right then I had to have her, plus it didn't cost that much(About 80 $). It will be a nice little restoration project for me to work on.

Markings: I have read that the red painted marking might be a North Korean military unit marking, if anybody has any idea what it might be, I will love you for it:

The bolt has unfortunately been cut(Some sort of extra deactivation?) so whenever it slides back, it slides completely out:

Rust/dirt on barrel, I managed to remove a lot of it with some WD40 and a piece of cloth:

Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Default Re: Mosin Nagant pickup, interesting example.

The 45 degree cut on the bolt face makes me think that it might be deactivated to UK specs, as far as I know no other country does this as part of the deactivation process. As for the bolt coming all the way out when you pull it back, thats not a result of bolt being cut. There should be a little squard shaped block at the rear of the spring/sear that drops down when the trigger is pulled, I think that this part me be worn out on your example which results in the bolt coming all the way out.

Its the piece on the right hand side of this image.

Thanks

Danny

It has led a very hard life-no one has looked after it for many years-glad it has found a good home with you...

?

That is cool. Shame it is deactivated. Rich A. in Pa.
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    The 45 degree cut on the bolt face makes me think that it might be deactivated to UK specs, as far as I know no other country does this as part of the deactivation process. As for the bolt coming all the way out when you pull it back, thats not a result of bolt being cut. There should be a little squard shaped block at the rear of the spring/sear that drops down when the trigger is pulled, I think that this part me be worn out on your example which results in the bolt coming all the way out.

Its the piece on the right hand side of this image.

Thanks

Danny
    That is probably correct, thanks for that. I had not thought of that. The trigger does not "Click" which leads me to believe there is something wrong/missing in the trigger mechanism. One of the screws that needs to be removed for me to disassemble it is very rusted, so it is currently in the garage soaking in WD40. When I get it out I will have a look around and try to find out what is wrong.

lithgow:
    It has indeed had a pretty interesting and hard life and has had very little cleaning. For some reason that attracted me. I am starting to enjoy restoring old weapons, this will be my third/fourth restoration. It has come to a good home

Rich:
    Yeah, it is a shame it's deactivated, but it would take a lot of cleaning and caring before I would feel comfortable firing it.
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway