Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Mosin Nagant purchasing tips?

Article about: by ObKrieger Thanks for that link, Mark. That will work! I don't need a fancy Garand, just a shooter that I can reenact with. Joe, that's strange. I thought that pretty much every gun club c

?

Default Re: Mosin Nagant purchasing tips?

What you see in that rifle is pretty much the stndard repro coming into the US now. They were made from refurbished 91/30s and look new. An original sniper would not have gone through the same type of refurb.

Take a look at this link - Rguns is offering original snipers for $800. That's the current going price for an original. Look at the picture and compare the condition of the stocks in the Rguns picture to the one you saw. RGUNS - Bolt Action Rifles

If you want a fun shooter - go for the refurb. If you have the extra $$, you can get an original for probably $750 to $850, plus transfer fee.

unfortunately, my C&R doesn't allow me to purchase and resell; I'd need an 01 instead of an 03 FFL.

Thanks Mark! As always, I appreciate the help!

?

Joe,

Have you looked into getting a C&R license? I don't know the laws up there but if you can get one, it would be well worth it. An 03 Curios and Relics license cost $30 for 3 years. With it, you can buy directly from dealers, importers, distributors and individuals and have the weapons delivered directly to your home. You'd spend that much paying transfer fees in using an 01FFL to make a purchase. It's worth looking in to.

Mark

I'm definitely going to look into it, thanks Mark!

Looks like Joe might be going on a road trip to Ohio. That means you will be heading my way. Pick me up!

?

Yeah, we ought to make a trip to the CMP North store to pick up a Garand and then to SOG for a MN sniper.

Quote by MarkV View Post
    Yeah, we ought to make a trip to the CMP North store to pick up a Garand and then to SOG for a MN sniper.
    I am actually in the market for a Garand. I was planning to take a trip up there sometime but I don't match the 'member of a CMP-affiliated organization' requirement.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    I am actually in the market for a Garand. I was planning to take a trip up there sometime but I don't match the 'member of a CMP-affiliated organization' requirement.
    Oh, that's an easy fix! Join the Garand Collector's Association for $25 and you've met the requirement! Here's a link: The Garand Collectors Association ยป Membership

ROAD TRIP!

The gun club I'm a member of is affiliated with the NRA, but not with the CMP somehow...

Thanks for that link, Mark. That will work! I don't need a fancy Garand, just a shooter that I can reenact with.

Joe, that's strange. I thought that pretty much every gun club counted.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast