Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mosin Nagant Question

Article about: I noticed that all of the Mosin Nagant's that I've bought have a shiny coating over the wood stock. Were they like that during the war or is that only a post war thing? The reason I ask is b

?

Default Re: Mosin Nagant Question

I love your Mosin! I wish mine had the sniper scope on it. Do you think it would detract the value if I added one original to the period?
    ~Dean

Quote by Dean View Post
    I love your Mosin! I wish mine had the sniper scope on it. Do you think it would detract the value if I added one original to the period?
    ~Dean
    If you did what would you do about the bolt? It would have to be angled to clear the scope when cocked.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Hmmm..That's something i didnt think about, Darn! Maybe I could find a way to temporarily mount one that isnt permanent.
    ~Dean

Attachment 230073Attachment 230074
    Quote by Dean View Post
    Hmmm..That's something i didnt think about, Darn!
    ~Dean
    I made my own setup not the same I know but it's one heck of a deer killer.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thanks Dean! I'm glad you like it. Actually, you can't just bend the stock bolt. The bolt on the sniper version is longer. You would have to get a normal 91/30 and have a gunsmith tap the recever for the scope, and you would have to buy a bent bolt, But the problem you would run into is that it wouldn't zero correctly. When the Rifle I have was made in 1944 it was made as a sniper rifle (not later converted) For example, the serial number on the side of the receiver is the same number as the one on the scope. I could go on, but it would take all night ;-) Read this: General Articles To make a long story short, you would be better of just buying an original PU sniper rifle (if you can find one)

Quote by ez1969 View Post
    Attachment 230073Attachment 230074

I made my own setup not the same I know but it's one heck of a deer killer.

Eric
    Not an original sniper, but hell, I'll bet it drops those deer I'm going to coyote hunt with mine

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2