Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Mosin Nagant unknown marking

Article about: by General Patton But is the stock original ww2? Everything else is stamped 1942! So im thinking it might be original, but it could be a surplus stock(hoping its original ww2) And these weap

Default Re: Mosin Nagant unknown marking

Quote by General Patton View Post
    But is the stock original ww2? Everything else is stamped 1942! So im thinking it might be original, but it could be a surplus stock(hoping its original ww2)

And these weapons are very powerful, I agree with you all the way! I want to buy another one but well see what happens next!
    You can bet your next paycheck that your stock is original. The soviets had hundreds of thousands in stock. You might even have the orginal from the 1890's, which was produced for the Czar. My 1922 Mosin, is stamped 1922 because the Soviets started thier "industrialization processes" that year. My daddy traded a "Sear's-Robuck" aluminum john boat for the rifle in 1972, complete with bayonet, sling, and ammo pouches. You can notice that the Czarist markings were ground off and a soviet marking put in place. You can notice that in all the rifles.
    Once these rifles were dropped on the battle field, they were reconditioned, date stamped, and put back into service to keep the illusion that the soviets actually had the capability to produce new weapons. (interesting historical fact).
    ONE cool note to the story is that- in the Summer of 1982, I took the rifle to the gun show in Valdosta, Georgia- a gun dealer wanted to trade me the following for the rifle------M1911a1 still packed in cosmoline, 2- M1 Garand's still packed in cosmoline----for one rifle. Can't get the same deal today because of the abundance of the rifles on the market, however; I have had "serious" collectors from the former soviet union attempt to get the rifle due to it's historical significance. Now, it is just my Daddy's old rifle, sentimental being that he passed away. One day I will pass my collection off to my descendants. (drunk driver killed my dad which he was a -USMC career, 4x combat infantry Vietnam Vet, a Marine's tour was 14 months in Vietnam)
    If you can read-"Thank your teacher"
    If you can read-in ENGLISH-
    "Thank a United States Marine!"

Hey Mick, Linton here. Nice looking rifle. Where did you get that Scope? How do you like it? Please tell us more about that fine piece of Soviet Machinery you have.
    If you can read-"Thank your teacher"
    If you can read-in ENGLISH-
    "Thank a United States Marine!"

?

Here`s one that I have, I have only got a deer with it so far.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Nagant unknown marking  
    JEDEM DAS SEINE

?

Quote by Linton400 View Post
    Hey Mick, Linton here. Nice looking rifle. Where did you get that Scope? How do you like it? Please tell us more about that fine piece of Soviet Machinery you have.
    Not much to tell really. It's a Polish M-44 made in 1955, they show a standard of workmanship as good as the early mausers . They were sold here by the thousand about 15 years ago for $75 - $90 a pop. I bought two at a gunshow recently for $150 each, neither had been fired and were full of gloop. The scope is a bushnell scopechief mounted in a PU mount.

I made my own scope mount and bolt handle for mine and its a deer killer. Did some mods to the trigger pull as well great (long gun) for the money.

ERIC
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Mosin Nagant unknown marking   Mosin Nagant unknown marking  

?

This is how I tackled it..

The ball is cut from the original handle and tapped. The bolt it's self if drilled and tapped and the whole thing is screwed together.

Thank you Guys for all the responses, there are some pretty good stories here, I love to hear about how accurate and powerfull these rifles are. im glad to know its the original stock as well!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2